MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-25-2001, 07:29 PM   #1
Timanator
Registered Member

Post BBK's sorry azzed crap parts!

I ordered a BBK(I hate BBK) plenum spacer kit for my Edelbrock Intake, because when I did my intake a few bolts broke on the way off, the easiest way was to get the new bolts along with the spacer kit. Well, Summit sent me a beat up looking BBK Box with the bolts missing!!!!!!
Now the idiots there says they will have to have BBK send the bolts, Damned Frigging Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am really mad, Cayse the last few things I got from BBK(Throttle body that sticks and makes noises, Cold Air intake that dont even line up with the BBK Throttle body) are all SHIEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as you can see, this will be the LAST time I order anything made by BBK!!!!!!!!!!

You know what
looking at this shieettt kit over once more
I noticed the side opening gaskets is not included either!!!!!!!!!!
The instruction even says to remove the side cover(one bolt for the intake is inside)
WTF is BBK thinking!!!!!!!
Who the hell would buy this BS??

Once again, I am screwed by BBK
Timanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 09:29 PM   #2
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

I ahve to agree with you. I have the fender wall mount cold air kit and it won't fit a 351W. Also, my swap headers and H-pipe didn't fit. Their tech sucks also. Try to return!
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 10:58 PM   #3
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I have to disagree. My BBK headers fit PERFECT, my H-pipe went on without any HASSLE, my Throttle body does not make noises nor stick, my adjustable clutch quadrant went on perfect, and my cold air fenderwell mount fit flawlessly! And I would think that would be summit's fault on the bolts. All good experiences with BBK so far...plus I have alot more stuff from them too. And the beat up BBK box is because of the UPS guys, or summit. I'm sure alot of people on this board will read this, and because of you, they are going to think bad of BBK. Compare their headers to let's say mac's and tell me what you think. My overall opinion of BBK is really good.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
andy669
Registered Member

Why worry about bolts? Just get some 5/16 all thread and some nuts. Works fine.
andy
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 11:59 PM   #5
jwboner
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I already thought their stuff sucks. They have become a "Jack of all trades, but master of none." Because they offer so many different products, yet there is always some other company that makes the same thing with much better quality, customer service, and warranty. I am not just down on BBK, there are a few other companies that suck as well. I break a lot of parts but BBK usually breaks a little earlier than the rest.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #6
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Talking

HAHAHAH this is pretty funny! This guy made the same post on stangnet.com! Tim must really hate BBK. I know that if I was screwed over by one company repeatedly I would not recommend them either. I think all of us would react the same way. Oh, my BBK headers and H-pipe fit just fine. Thanks!

------------------
94' Stang GT Convertible --Cobra upper&lower, Mac cold air w/K&N, BBK equal length shorties, BBK offroad H-pipe, American Thunder cat-back, BBK T/B 65mm, 24lb injectors, Pro-77mm MAM, pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55s, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter 14.4@100. (Sad, i know. i have stock heads)
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 02:39 PM   #7
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I havent had one problem with any BBK parts. I am using there headers, h-pipe and throttle body. The throttle body will whistle sometimes but thats it.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 02:39 PM   #8
FordFasteR
Registered Member

My bbk shorty headers and off-road h-pipes fit perfectly !!! HOOORAAAAYYY!!!

FORD !

------------------
5.0L 89 LX coupe
4.10 gears, CARB !!!
IM me at FORDFASTER
FordFasteR is offline   Reply With Quote