MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2001, 05:31 AM   #1
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Post Best Heads For Stock Short Block

What heads should I get for a stock short block? For the Twisted Wedge heads it says you need to use flat top pistons. I forget what mustangs have stock, are they dome? Im not getting them yet, I want to buy the heads, intake and cam all at once so it would be cheaper to install. I know edelbrock has a good set up in the Perfomer, just wondering if there is better for the stock short block? Also, how much valve lift am I able to get msx. Maybe some other stuff that may be a better deal (no NOS posts please) would be a welcomed too. I also still want to be able to use the headers I have now.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mandrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:59 AM   #2
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Edelbrock has a "performer power package" that they dyno'd and works well together. Basically its the Ford E-303 cam and their performer 5.0 (6037) heads and their performer intake.

Or you could run a Trick Flow setup which I considered for quite some time. Use the TW heads, st. 1 cam and Street intake and you'd be around 340hp based on how well its tuned.

I'm pretty sure that the stock pistons will work with the TWs and upto 520 or so lift on the cam, their tech people could answer that better than I. Myself I'm running the Edelbrock 6032 heads, Performer RPM intake and ford's F-303 cam w/1.6 roller rockers. When I checked the piston to valve clearance, I had the room, but I wouldn't push it over more than that unless you flycut the pistons more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:10 AM   #3
92Rustang
Registered Member

I would look in to the holley systemaxII. I like this setup because it is a great bolt on package. The heads and intake are all gasket match and have been bowl blended . No spending four weeks playing with a dremel!!!
The packeage is about $2000( heads, intake, cam, chain, bolts) just add rockers(175) and go.

------------------
Check my site for mod
www.fordmustanggt.com
92Rustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: