MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
DirtKing
Registered Member

Default eaton posi/ baer claw problems

I started installing my rear brakes and axles into my new eaton posi and the driver side axle would not slip into the posi after I put the c clip in it! The passenger axle worked perfect. Anyone ever experience this?? Only options I see are removing the eaton, sending it back...waiting for the exchange. That totally SUCKS! Or, grind on one of the clips and see if I can get it to fit. By the way, I'm happy with my brakes, but it took Baer 4 weeks to send them after they told me a week and a half. They also didn't send instructions...(not that I need them, but they're nice for reference.) Also, they still haven't issued a credit they owe me for. That was a month and a half ago. They also forgot to send my brake fluid. FYI
Old 04-27-2002, 09:01 PM   #2
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

never heard of anything like that before, have you contacted eaton about it? the only thing that i can think of is maybe that your shims are not correct for the diff. to far to the left or right, just a possibility.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:04 PM   #3
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i was also just wondering what a setup like that costs from baer, i have a 95 and was looking into getting a brake setup, so far the cheapest thing i have seen is just doing a cobra conversion, i have also seen brembo's for pretty cheap.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #4
DirtKing
Registered Member

my kit front to back cost $1827...that was with zinc washed, crossed drilled and slotted rotors. 2 piston calipers up front and 1 pots in the back. rotors are 13inch front 12 rear. HOWEVER, jegs is selling a willwood kit with 6 pistons in the front and 4 in the back! Also you get 2 piece rotors. it cost about $300 more though which is a great deal.