MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
90GT Vert
Registered Member

Default fixing to purchase

my parents are finally getting serious about getting me my own car. its about damn time. i'm looking at 87-93's. I really want a lx coupe 5.0 5-speed with no opitions, but thats gonna be hard to find. i don't really care what i find, gt, hatchback, lx, they all rock. what should I look for? most likely the ash-try will be broken, and it will probley drip a little oil. any more advice on the fox bodys? its hard to find a 5-speed that hasn't been beaten on, the AOD's are probley the ones that haven't been beat on as much

thanks
90GT Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

The ashtray is an easy fix so I wouldn't let that sway your opinion about a car. You can still find some fox's with low miles (under 75k) if you look...Most importantly, be patient . It takes some time to find a nice Fox body in good shape but it's worth it when you do. Don't get frustrated with your search. You'll end up buying some clunker with 200k on the clock that has been beat to hell. Good Luck!!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:55 AM   #3
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Dude, check out Performance Mustags of Houston. Take I-10 to I-45. Go north on 45. It is like 1 or 2 miles up on the left. This place has any mustang you could possibly want. That is all they sell, hence the name. They pretty much know their stuff. The prices are a little high but it is like any thing you have to sell, start high and then you'll get what you really want. I'd suggest checking them out. Most of the cars I have ever seen up there were pretty clean. They had a 89 gt with 2 pages of mods, everything on one line of course. They said it ran a best of 12 sec flat, they were selling it for $8000 2 years ago. They also have a website. I'll look for it and post a link.

Caymon

Here you go dude. Check it out.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote