MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   best wing or wingless for 94-98 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28843)

LX XLR8R 09-13-2002 11:47 AM

best wing or wingless for 94-98

basically im building a sick motor for a 95 i am picking up but the car has a fighter wing on it now that has to go..now i have heard stories from the newer mod motor guys that on newer cars they gained 2-3mph by taking the stock wing off..is it just that wing or should i be weary of anywing..i mean i am only going to see less than 130 in the 1/4 and is a strickly 1/4 car..so what you all think

USMC302 09-13-2002 11:59 AM

I was under the assumption that you wing is helpfull in the downforce or whatever app you go for, at speeds over 100mph. Before that they aren't much for anything but looks. as far as that goes, i hate the no wing look IMO, it just looks like Ford didn't complete the job ya know?...:)

mpj76 09-13-2002 01:00 PM

Unless your car is spinning tires at 130, lose the wing. Wings create downforce to increase traction through friction AT HIGH SPEED. The increased friction also translates to slower top speed.

andy669 09-13-2002 01:58 PM

mpj76 I agree. Even if the car was spinning the tires at 130, I dont think a stock type wing would make much difference.

As for looks, I like them best without a wing. But if I had to have one, I'd choose the Cobra.

Andy

302 LX Eric 09-13-2002 02:37 PM

Wingman? Who needs a wingman?

My vote is for the clean shaved look. No need for a wing IMO.

E

Mustangbelle306 09-13-2002 05:11 PM

I say no wing. I've had almost all the Saleen wings, and I think without a wing it has more refined, sleek lines, like a classic sports coupe (got a V6 decklid). But then again, I'm a big Euro car fan (especially BMWs), so my opinion may not be worth much ;)

When did you pick up the SN95 dork??? You never write me anymore and tell me about your cars :mad: Keep a nigga in touch yo!!! :D

Mustangbelle306 09-13-2002 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hay check out my REAR END :D

srv1 09-13-2002 07:43 PM

Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Hay check out my REAR END :D
ooh!:p what a smooth rear end you got Belle! i always liked your rear end. we need more pics of it.

Hey, do you mind if i come over and wax your rear end? i will make sure i will rub it good!:eek: :D

*click-click...Matt loading his shotgun and doesn't see any humor in it at all.... *

929PhoenixSquid 09-13-2002 08:05 PM

Re: Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
ooh!:p what a smooth rear end you got Belle! i always liked your rear end. we need more pics of it.

Hey, do you mind if i come over and wax your rear end? i will make sure i will rub it good!:eek: :D

*click-click...Matt loading his shotgun and doesn't see any humor in it at all.... *

You better watch your back! I am considering releasing my ATTACH CANARY on you!!! Yeah, you might think a canary is a weak and defenseless bird, but it's the unexpected SILENCE of the attack that kills you.....you'll never even hear those small yellow wings creepng up behind you and then BAM!!! It's 1/4 inch beak is upon you.....

and for the big guns, I might have to let "Killer" out of his cage. (Killer AKA "Birdy Footy) the extremely aggressive lovebird!

srv1 09-13-2002 10:34 PM

Re: Re: Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

Originally posted by 929PhoenixSquid
You better watch your back! I am considering releasing my ATTACH CANARY on you!!! Yeah, you might think a canary is a weak and defenseless bird, but it's the unexpected SILENCE of the attack that kills you.....you'll never even hear those small yellow wings creepng up behind you and then BAM!!! It's 1/4 inch beak is upon you.....

and for the big guns, I might have to let "Killer" out of his cage. (Killer AKA "Birdy Footy) the extremely aggressive lovebird!

you are going to unleash your "little" birdy on me? HAHAHAHA!:D

LxMustangRacer 09-13-2002 10:41 PM

I was going to say to keep a wing because they look ugly as hell without them, but then I looked at the pic of belle's car and changed my mind. I don't know what to think anymore, I don't think I'd like a vert without a wing though(I realize that doesn't apply to you).

gofastmercury 09-13-2002 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LxMustangRacer
I was going to say to keep a wing because they look ugly as hell without them, but then I looked at the pic of belle's car and changed my mind. I don't know what to think anymore.
Was going to say the exact same thing. even voted for a cobra wing. It looks realy clean without it.

(and people say I dont like it when people modify their cars!)

LX XLR8R 09-14-2002 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
I say no wing. I've had almost all the Saleen wings, and I think without a wing it has more refined, sleek lines, like a classic sports coupe (got a V6 decklid). But then again, I'm a big Euro car fan (especially BMWs), so my opinion may not be worth much ;)

When did you pick up the SN95 dork??? You never write me anymore and tell me about your cars :mad: Keep a nigga in touch yo!!! :D

it is a 95 v-6..black fighter wing..cobra front bumper..dual exhaust..varios yellow interior parts..its hot i might just rock it like it is:D

its making way for a 408 DFI motor w /c-4..got some parts allready..can you say over 500hp and 500ftq under 6000rpms..i got a woody!o yea i got a purple bottle with anohter benjamin of horses for it also...

929PhoenixSquid 09-16-2002 07:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

you are going to unleash your "little" birdy on me? HAHAHAHA!:D

....:( my canary died on Sat....:( :(

302crew 09-16-2002 10:52 AM

i kinda like the supra style wing that is on it right now it gives it a ricer look and those rims on it look real sharp almost like they came off someones honda :D

lx5091 09-16-2002 11:01 AM

what do you think about the foxbody lx hatchbacks? wing or wingless, or with the GT wing. I like the idea of the GT wing, Ford should not have used the lx wing except for on the 4 bangers. That and the bullet holes, pre-'91. Those should have been 4 cyl parts. anyway, does anyone know what it looks like under a foxbody lx wing? wondering if i'd have to repaint if i went with a different wing.

LX XLR8R 09-16-2002 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 302crew
i kinda like the supra style wing that is on it right now it gives it a ricer look and those rims on it look real sharp almost like they came off someones honda :D
dick:D

Casper5.0 09-16-2002 07:55 PM

My vote is for the s281 wing, looks clean but still sets off the rear end nicely.

RYAN

srv1 09-16-2002 08:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

Originally posted by 929PhoenixSquid
....:( my canary died on Sat....:( :(
oh:( sorry to hear about the canary:(

929PhoenixSquid 09-17-2002 07:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stang got "BACK"?

Quote:

oh:( sorry to hear about the canary:(

Thank you... At least he was happy living with us.