MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Bigger injecters and Vortech A-trim with speed density.

I was just wondering if anyone has any good reasoning why larger injecters dont work well with speed density specificaly 24 # injecters..

I am going to install a Vortech A-trim S/C this summer and keeping speed density.

Any advice experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I cant get it to work I will just have to go with a Nitrous wet kit, but I would much rather get the S/C to work.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #2
chico
Registered Member

Which car are uou refering to and what type of fuel delivery and pumps ??? The vortech comes with an FMU that will regulate your fuel air.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I have a 255 LPH fuel pump.

What does a FMU do exactly?

I am reffering to my 90' LX its gonna have an 88' 5.0 liter in it with speed density.

I am S/C illiterate at the moment,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 06:53 PM   #4
chico
Registered Member

I'm not an expert either , but have installed a powerdyne 7 psi in a 92 lx. Helped my cousin who is 95% blind. My Cobra has a vortech S trim with aftclr. that is presently pumping 14 lbs. boost. Both s/c came with a FMU...This is designed to read your fuel and air intake and set your fuel accordingly. These are good for up to about 500 rwhp...I have ditched my FMU for 48lb. injectors 255 walbro in tank fuel pump 245 bosch in line and aeromotive fuel reg. that is boost sensitive. Must have new chip cut to handel either installation, whether with FMU or without. 24 lb. injectors should be just fine for your set up I refer to chip for my 98 . Iknow your set up is entirely differen't...but the 92 lx had no problems except playing with the timing..
Old 12-06-2002, 07:41 PM   #5
Agent_4573
Registered Member

I don't know if your talking larger injectors in general or just the 24's cuz i've heard that he 24's are just a bad injector. Appearantly they are the most inacurate of all the injectors otu there. If you have your mind set on 24's i would go get them flow matched and you shouldn't have a problem with them anymore.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote