MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-15-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Unhappy Block Grounds?

where do you ground the block at? I know there is one on the rear of the engine on the drivers side that ia attached to the firewall.... is there any others?
Old 04-16-2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

The main ground is for the battery at the front left side of the block near the oil press sending unit.I'd ground battery to block,battery to chasis and the one you said at the back right side-one of the trans to engine mount bolts to the fire wall.
92LX 5.0 Hatch,4.10 gears Auburn Pro,Mosser axels,alum drive shaft AOD hi ratio gear set,3200 stall TCI conv,Bassani long tube headers/cats,2 chamber flow masters,2.5inch exhaust,331 stroker,alum GT40 heads ported,Omega 1.7 roller rockers,JE forged pistons,Eagle rods,E cam,GT40 upper/lower intake,70mm mass,73mm Pro M bullet,MSD ignition,Cartech fuel sys w/external Aeromotive fuel pump,30lb injectors,Vortech S trim,Tubular front end,D&D coil overs up front
Doctor DeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 06:07 PM   #3
PKRWUD

You can never have too many grounds. Ford has a bad habit of running a chassis ground to the radiator, which often becomes brittle. I personally recommend a two lead ground cable with a pigtail, and run one lead to the block and one to the frame, and the pigtail to whatever the factory chassis ground is. I also recommend running a separate ground cable from the block to the frame, and one to the firewall. Among other things, this also eliminates any rpm pitch you may hear through your stereo.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
RdRunnr
Registered Member

There are two grounds that attach to the back of the driver's side head. One goes to a wiring harness and the other to the firewall. There is also a ground for the battery that attaches to the timing cover.

1990 Mustang GT
10.46 @130.97

ClickClickracing Forums
RdRunnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thanks guys ...That helped out .... I checked my grounds it turned out that the firewall ground had a good coat of paint behind it! My fault! I did what PKRWUD said and that seemed to work awesome! Thanks Eh!

Big Bopper.