MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default block and head machining questions

I am going to be getting my block bored and honed, after talking to a machine shop, i figured it was a good deal at $125. I want to build compression, since the engine is out of a 79, i figured it has some room for improvement. I was thinking about getting my heads plained to help build compression and level things out, but the machine shop guy said it would be easier to build compression by using domed or some other type of pistons. (he did say its a good idea to get the heads plained anywho) The thing is, I was planning on getting a kit from PAW, the rebuild kit for $300. Which comes with pistons. Its only like $30 for each head, going up the more they plain. Any thoughts/other ideas?? I am planning on getting the performance cam from them, and already have an edelbrock performer 289 intake and headman headers for it. Its pretty much a budget build, and a learning experience. (I am the one rebuilding my 302 in school, if anybody remembers) Thanks for looking and any and all info.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote