MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-23-2003, 05:43 PM   #1
chico
Registered Member

Default Blowing oil/

This is old news but I need an update.....Some friends at a local muffler shop just installed a 8 psi Vortech s/c on a 2001 GT..The Gt is completely stock with the exception of Mac long tube headers and Basssani X pipe. Now it is filling the plugs with oil and blowing blue smoke out the exhaust.Comp. test shoks OK...I have heard stories of Mac long tubes sucking oil past the rings. Why? Can anyone with first hand experience or second hand please inlighten me...

Thanks
Old 05-23-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

long tubes work on theary that hot gases travel faster than cooler gases thus being the long tubes create a greater inside exhaust temperature increasing the cylinder scavenging affect almost creating a vaccum .which if great enough may suck oil past the top compression ring and into the cylinder he should have bought the shorties
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote