MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 02:11 PM   #1
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Post Ricers on the bottle

Man, I was cruising around at a local street race hang out and pulled up next to this honda civic with these BMW fenders with weird vents. They're a different color and everything (it's custom man! pshh) Anyway, He revs at me, the usual pissed off fart machine sound and right as the light is about to turn green, he purges his bottle. I'm like what the fudge, isn't that kinda cheap? I mean, please, I can understand running NOS on a V8, but when you're just making up for a crappy motor by spraying.
Anyway, so we pull away from the light, I'm spinning like mad and he's got these ghetto *** wide tires on steel rims in the front (as per usual) I finally got traction when he had a good car length and he slowly pulled until he had about 2-3 cars at 90 or so. We pulled up to another light and I told him not to hit the bottle this time, and the dumbass tried to claim he wasn't on the bottle. He had just purged his **** in my face and all of a sudden it's a covert opp or some crap. Whatever, it makes me want to get NOS. I think a 125 shot would round out my combo nicely.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, Ported and Polished E7TEs, 2.25" duals w/ 2 chamber flowmasters, T5 tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph, 2.194 60' time, a little better than last time. Keep in mind this thang is heavy (3590lbs) Finally 14s!!!!

QuantumMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 02:23 PM   #2
Tony Frank
Registered Member

well all he is, a frame with some sheet metal. you have more wieght than him. well bust out the bottle and you can purge it in some faces then tell them you didnt use it. lol

------------------
1985 Mustang GT 15,000 original miles, cam, intake, headers, carb, windage tray, you know the goodies
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 02:39 PM   #3
ed1371
Registered Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm I love my bottle...

My only regret after I got my NOS kit is that I hadn't done it earlier!

------------------
My Mustang
91 LX Conv. 52,000 orig mi. Hurst shifter,King Cobra clutch, 3.55 grs, NOS 150 dry kit, MSD 6al, MSD timing control, malory coil, pullies, fms adj fuel reg, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm maf, battery in trunk, JBA shorties, JBA subs, JBA strut tower brc, dynomax "super turbo" 2 1/2 exhaust, FMS billit distrib, Hotchkis lower cntrl arms, MAC Fenderwell cold air kit, off road h pipe.
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
mustang17
Registered Member

Cheap? I don't think so. If ya got it why not use it. If I had NOS and someone told me to run them without it, I'd laugh, say "o.k" and than use it anyway.

Get some yourself. It would be nice to have for an emergency.

------------------
1995 GT Black sleeper
Edelbrock 6037 heads,Edelbrock proformer intake,Edelbrock cam, 70mm TB,75mm pro-m mass air,Taylor wires, Underdrive pulleys,Equal length headers,K&N filter
Flowmaster cat-back, Eibach pro rate springs
lower control arms
3.73 gear Centerforce clutch

mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 03:49 PM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

Don't we all love nitrous and as for the ricers I see it like this "You Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do!"

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:10 PM   #6
stng87
Registered Member

FUCCK the ricers. why not get a real car?
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 11:05 PM   #7
46stang
Registered Member

I also race a 64 VW bug, before you laugh it turns respectable high 13's in the 1/4 and comes out of the hole pretty hard with all the weight sitting on the tires.
anyways A ricer (acura integra vtec) revved me up so we pull up to the next light and its on. I pull at least 3 cars on him by 4th gear. I can see him in my rear view mirror. when all of a sudden he blasts by be. his motor sounded like the rubber bang was ready to pop.(the hamster was definately running his butt off ) he gets 1 car ahead of me and amazingly we are going the same speed again. so we pull over and I say well at least you had to spray to beat me. So he says I don't have nos. So I say thats funny you have a pretty big NOS badge on your trunk. blah blah. why do they have to lie. It don't matter that he sprayed just be honest. I allways enjoy eating rice even in my stang.
p.s. at the time of the race my car had a smaller motor and turned mid 14's. it know has a bigger motor that turns the 13's. I doubt he would have caught me with this motor even on the juice

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies, 373's, 70mm t/b, gutted maf, bassani x-pipe w/cats, ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n. fms spings, tri-ax shifter.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 11:15 PM   #8
ed1371
Registered Member

I found out firsthand how fast those bugs can be!! First time at carlsbad raceway I saw a few bugs and didn't think much of it or pay any attention to them. Well, I certainly paid attention when I ended up lineing up with one and he turned LOW 12's ...Some of the guys going to carlsbad next weekend should heed this warning and not underestimate them!

-ed
Old 03-17-2001, 01:14 AM   #9
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

Those bugs can be damn fast. A friend told me about a VW club in southern cal where you have to run 10.50s to get into the club and there are at least a dozen bugs and some ghias. Man, that's damn fast for anything.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

1988 Merc Cougar 5.0 HO, Ported and Polished E7TEs, 2.25" duals w/ 2 chamber flowmasters, T5 tranny
New E/T!!!
14.626 @ 94.94mph, 2.194 60' time, a little better than last time. Keep in mind this thang is heavy (3590lbs) Finally 14s!!!!

Old 03-17-2001, 04:30 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

that is nothing I had a friend that had two bottle of nos. He would have who ever he was racing turn of the bottle in the trunk then he would run off the other bottle. The whole time the other guy has no clue he is using it. I think stuff like that sucks though.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 02:55 PM   #11
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Michael, is that Cougar your shop car or daily driver? If it's your shop car, it's time to drop in a "Nasty 357 cu in. Windsor" and "F" with those ricers. If it's your daily driver forget about nitrous, an E303 cam, GT40X heads, a Cobra intake, 3.73 gears and drag radials should beat his a$$! Also put "Quantum Motorsports" on the rear window in big letters so they know who just beat their nitrous spraying a$$.

-----------------
Nitrous Al
'88 GT
'83 Bronco 4x4

Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 07:19 PM   #12
QuantumMotorsports
Registered Member

The cougar is my daily driver, I've actually got a Pinto that I'm putting a 347 in (just bought it recently) That's my project. I'm spending all my spare money on the Pinto, but as soon as I have a little extra cash I plan on slapping a few new components on the cougar. Coming next is a TC rear with 3.73 gears and disc brakes. Then some pulleys. After that I've got to start fabricating some engine mounts for the pinto so I'll be busy. Anyway, thanks for the input, trust me, the cougar will get some upgrades in due time.

------------------
Michael Black
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma

New E/T!!!

Old 03-17-2001, 09:31 PM   #13
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Sorry Michael, I didn't mean to come off so mean. I hate rice with a passion and hate hearing about their stoplight victories. What ever you do make sure you "Boil the rice"!
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:32 AM   #14
ed1371
Registered Member

Hell yeah...bad as$ pinto! Dont even bother with you other car! My buddy is planning on making a killer gremlin...

Dont mind me I love wierd stuff like that!
Old 03-18-2001, 01:35 AM   #15
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ed1371:
...My buddy is planning on making a killer gremlin...

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:37 AM   #16
Power
Registered Member

I cant stop laughing about the gremlin....that would be a hell of a sleeper though.......cool car to do it too. There is an old pinto looking car on post here that has a 390 in it.....i dont know the guy but he races guys a lot...pretty fast.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:42 AM   #17
Power
Registered Member

sorry guys.....my last post on this thread.....in reference to my above post....i believe this guy has an AMC Javelin with a 390....i don't know much about them so its possible it came with that but i doubt it. To be truthful i havent seen the engine but he was trying to sell it and said thats what was in it.

------------------

Old 03-18-2001, 01:55 AM   #18
ed1371
Registered Member

I have a soft spot for sleepers regardless of make and model...

At the car show last weekend, there was a 60's VW bug with a 351! the kicker was it was in the FRONT :O I did a double take when I walked by it and then checked it out.

The gremlin thing my friend is going to do is completely insane...He told me about one he saw when he worked for a speed shop and it convinced him then and there. He has the "shell" for it and will have a motor built and chasis done this summer if all things go well.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:20 AM   #19
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Quote:
My buddy is planning on making a killer gremlin...
[/B]
had a friend do that here, 302 bolts right in a gremlin.. used a set of tri-y headers and a toploader.. ran pretty good really.. narrowed a 9in. rear too

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives stock shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
14.06@100.21, 255RWHP on a hot day
265 on the mph/weight chart

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 05:19 PM   #20
Special K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stng87:
FUCCK the ricers. why not get a real car?
You know most import owners would probably say the samething about the Mustang!!!

You line up.. he killed you... end of the story!

Peace!

[This message has been edited by Special K (edited 03-18-2001).]
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote