MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2001, 08:03 PM   #1
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Angry Broken clutch quadrant?

OK, here's the story. I was out putting around the other day, and all of a sudden I went to shift 1st to 2nd, and the clutch pedal went about halfway down before there was ANY resistance whatsoever (normally it starts right at the top), and when I went to shift it was near impossible. When I let the pedal back out, the catch point was super low, and it didn't get any better. I limped home and had a look underneath to see what was up. The quadrant seems to function ok, but there is a definite slack in the cable, did it break or is it the cable stretched? In any event I think it's time for a new setup. Who makes a good quadrant and cable? Also, how hard is the cable and quadrant to install? Thanks for the input.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 02:39 AM   #2
87horsepower
Registered Member

The BBK is pretty good. It's not bad to install. Remove the seat and have little Maglite
87horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 02:47 AM   #3
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

That happened to me too, the self adjuster is probably stripped. I bought the ZOOM double adjustable cable and quadrant, the cable snapped though so I used the stock cable and it works great. I found it easy to install the quadrant once I was able to get myself into position, I just pulled the pin out, pulled the old quadrant off, put the new one on, and put the pin back in.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B+M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!

[This message has been edited by red82gt (edited 04-26-2001).]
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 01:09 PM   #4
terrible0ne
Registered Member

DONT USE THE BBK UNIT IT SUCKS. not only did I have to keep adj every week but after six months it broke. I went with the frpp. unit and have not had a problem since and that clutch works better then it did ever has I would go with the frrp or the steeda
terrible0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2001, 03:48 AM   #5
87horsepower
Registered Member

Hmmmm, interesting. Mine went in adjustment was a snap and didn't need to be adjusted for about a year. BTW, what broke? The quadrant?
87horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote