MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
fongo
Registered Member

Question A/C Control panel..acting weird?!

Hey everyone. I have a small dilemma. I have two A/C-heating panel problems:
1. when I turn on the heating on "FLOOR" or "MIX", it doesn't shoot any heat or air from the vents for the floor (keeps the toes and feet nice and warm!).
2. My A/C when turned on, does not shoot any cool air from the A/C vents. I have a fairly new compressor, coolant canister and seals, so I don't suspect the "hardware" under the hood.
Could it be the actual A/C-heating panel which has kicked the bucket? or is there a solenoid inside behind the panel which may be busted?
Oh, one last thing. The middle setting on the panel for hot and cold is getting very hard to turn also. Till the point that I broke the knob!
Any suggestions! Thanks everyone!

fongo
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
fongo
Registered Member

Default ???? help

anybody. Thanks!
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:04 AM   #3
snkmug
Registered Member

sounds like a vacuum problem to me, check to make sure that your vacuum hoses are connected, they are located on the passenger side firewall, behind the a/c filter dryer, The problem with the temp switch is common, when you turn the switch there is a cable that moves the hot/cold temp door, this cable gets rusted and can break the a/c switch unit. Take out the 4 screws that hold the switches in, unscrew the vacuum hoses and remove and disconnect the wiring, you will see the cable
rockers
snkmug is offline   Reply With Quote