MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2001, 01:36 AM   #1
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

Post C-springs this short?? And bushing melting tips....

I just pulled my stock front spring out for my change to C springs and am concerned about how short the new ones are. The stock spring is 2-3 inches taller than the C spring. This seems strange since they are only supposed to lower ride height about 3/4 of an inch.
Just want to know if this is the way it is supposed to be. I wonder if they could have possibly put the wrong springs in the box.(P/N is E4BC-5310-AA) I would hate to get everything back together and find out I have a problem.

I already did the rears. The C springs were only about an inch shorter than stock. I even cut a half coil off and they barely dropped the height.

The car is a 91 LX Special Service. I didn't think they put different springs in those cars, but could this be the cause of these oddities?

If you are a C-springer please let me know what you noticed with your car.

Oh, no I didnt mix up the front & rear springs

Also getting ready to do my Prothane bushings in the control arms. I understand that you have to melt the stock bushings out, but I need a little advice. I left the strut, tie rod, and ball joint attached since I pulled the springs out from behind. Has anyone done the bushings while still attached or do I have to bring the control arm all the way out.

Any help is appreciated!

------------------
Spec Service (UHP), Paint, 16x7.5 ALBA's w/BFG G-Force KDW's, TC 3.55's w/disks, K Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C springs & strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, KB welded subs.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote