MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-22-2001, 02:02 AM   #1
blacksunshine88GT
Registered Member

Question Cage and upper battle box installation

I have a rear floor pan problem under my rear seat on the passenger side of my 88 GT my upper control arm is ripping itself off of my floor i've read about the upper battleboxes from wildridesracecars.com and was wondering if anyone has any installation tips or instructions on them ,

also i want to put an NHRA legal 6 or 8 point roll cage in my stang any installation instructions or tips would be much appreciated thanks , mike
blacksunshine88GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 11:47 AM   #2
Red514LX
Registered Member

Arrow

My advice would be to call Wild Rides and find out if they supply instructions. I bet that if you showed an interest in their product, they would be more than willing to talk to you about self-installation. I can also tell you that I saw an installation article some time back in either MM&FF or 5.0 Mustang mag. but I can't remember which one or what issue.

My advice on a 6- 8-point roll BAR: Don't buy a cheap one! Seriously, if you plan to do this one yourself, your best bet is to look at something like an S&W piece. If I remember correctly, I have heard positive things from other people about the S&W piece. Check out http://www.swracecars.com

I hope this post will give you a little jump start. You are going to have to do your homework and a little bit of research on this one, though, if you want specific answers to your questions.

Best of Luck!

------------------
Jeff Kane
1990 LX Mustang ex-5.0 Coupe
No engine. No transmission.
Prepping car for a "big" big-block.
http://hometown.aol.com/red514lx/

Red514LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

MM&FF had a article on the Wild Rdes pieces in either Feb or March of this year. I think the upper one are a joke but if your have pulled through the floor then maybe they would be the way to go. I welded all the seams on the upper and lowers and I made my own lower box kit to add the support. I just finshed installing a S&W 8pt in my car 2 weeks ago, I took the standard kit and used the 2 back bars as my side bars and I used the side bars to make a X brace to the shock towers, my kicker bars go right over my lower torque boxes. I also ran a bar between the towers as that is a weak spot in the mustang. The S&W instructions are pretty decent, I also did the swing out kit for the door bars and highly suggest them. Make sure you have a copy of the NHRA rule book to make sure you do every thing legal. If you putting in the stadrad 8pt bar the notches need a little cleaning up not much and it will go right in without problems, you need to weld the back bars in with the side plastic panels in or you will never be able to put them in, you will not have the room to squeeze them by. I think the S&W bars are still on sale $109 for a Mild Steel 8pt, the swing out are $35.00/per side. www.sandwracecars.com. As soon as I get my butt in gear I'll post pic's of my cage, I am trying to get the motor assembled so I can start it next weekend.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension,S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon!
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote