MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

Question Camber

Ive noticed on my 92 LX that my camber seems to be out at certain times.If I back the car out of the garage both wheels camber out,back it up about ten feet and its fine,Ive tried this on several surfaces with the same results.The alignment has been checked and every thing is tight.The toe and caster are fine.Im running a PA Performance K-member and A-arms,D&D coil overs(not sure of the spring rate),D&D caster camber plates,no strut tower brace,and Koni struts.The tires are BF Goodridge P245 50/16s.Both tires camber about the same amount when this happens.Im wondering if the 245 are to fat for the set up.I dont notice anything while driving.Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
92LX 5.0 Hatch,4.10 gears Auburn Pro,Mosser axels,alum drive shaft AOD hi ratio gear set,3200 stall TCI conv,Bassani long tube headers/cats,2 chamber flow masters,2.5inch exhaust,331 stroker,alum GT40 heads ported,Omega 1.7 roller rockers,JE forged pistons,Eagle rods,E cam,GT40 upper/lower intake,70mm mass,73mm Pro M bullet,MSD ignition,Cartech fuel sys w/external Aeromotive fuel pump,30lb injectors,Vortech S trim,Tubular front end,D&D coil overs up front
Doctor DeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

When I put front springs on I like to put up to 1 degree Positive camber. When the springs settle it will produce negitive camber, hopefully evening out. Either way, by summer you'll probably need some camber adjustments.

New springs are sorta like when you jack the front off the ground, then lower it. The tires will want to tuck under a bit. On a slick surface it can do it its self.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote