crazypete
Registered Member

this is for you rpm427

This is what I've pulled so far

removed a/c compressor
removed all tubes and hoses for heater core
removed hood heatshield pad
battery to the trunk
rewired entire enginebay and dash, no wires hangin out anywhere!
moved ignitionbox, coil and most vacuum lines into fender
stripped cruise components
Stripped airbag sensors and airbag and brackets
Stock fuel pump removed along with all relays and wiring
stock EEC-4 removed with all relays and 25 lbs of wiring
Pulled all soundproofing except under carpet
Removed frame for dashboard (doesnt need it)
pulled entire fan and heater tract assembly including parts in dash
Installed 130 cfm pc fan hooked to central vents with tube pickup off headers
disabled rear defroster assembly and pulled all relays and wiring
Pulled radio support bracket
Pulled shifter boot plate
cut all wiring to console
Replaced armrest unit with 90' convertible plate
removed back seat support frame flipdowns
removed back seat support bars (it's SO soft now!)
removed rear bumper I-beam and supports
removed rear axle damper
removed pinion snubber strike plate
removed spare tire + jack + iron (never came with one)
removed tire well plate
removed front bumper and support beams

-315 pounds + tire/jack/iron (65 lbs?) and still going (~380 lbs)

with all that weight off the front, the nose rose up in the air, so a set of motorsport "c" springs really helped out. Yes, the rear seats are perfectly usable and they are so comfy now. If one leaves the center pivot and has the luggage cover bar, the seats stay put. The entire heater tract was removed and I hooked up a 130 cfm pc fan (than uses practically no power) to the central vents and snaked a tube from the back of the fan through the old evaporator core drain location to the back of the headers so it sucks in hot air off the top of the pipes. Works great, saved me about 80 pounds and cleaned up the enginebay a lot.

The carb conversion helped greatly. Wow, there's almost 25 lbs of wiring in these cars, most of it goes nowhere. I only have 1 intake now and I love the throttle response.

As for liability and so forth, would that crappy fiberglass board really make any difference, I dont think so. Besides, there's still tons of iron inbetween me and whatever it is that I'm colliding with. As for the rear, there's an entire cabin that has to collapse before I get hurt. I think I'm ok. Besides, I usually hit things sliding sideways anyhow =P
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote