View Single Post
Old 06-12-2002, 06:35 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HORSEMEN RACING
you know what was I thinking,why did I even take it to the shop,all the Ford tech's are right here in this forum. I am not being a wise guy or smart-alic but when a Ford tech at a Ford dealership tells me a piston (a hyper-pathetic one at that) goes bad I am going to tend to believe him,when a speed shop tells me the pistons are crap I am going to believe them,when a piston in a stock 2000 GT goes bad after 20k miles no one can tell me that piston is not crap,when every Ford publication I read says be careful with the glass-jawed pistons I am going to believe them. Are there cars out there going fast with a stock bottom end......of course there are,are most of those guys running their own speed shops or know someone that is you bet there is,gents you can say what you want,just as I can,I know what I seen at the dealership when they took the motor apart,and showed me what the piece of crap looked like,no one is going to tell me about bad information when I seen it with my own eyes,give that one up and do not go there with this one,I am easy to get along with but do not tell me what I did not see with my own eyes.
Now there are fast guys out there with mod motors like Lidio,Paul Svnicki,Barry Shephard,and John Mihovetz,and JR Granatelli that are running incredible times with the mod motr,I like the mod motor if I did not I would not be paying.........LOL never mind will not reveal that..........but I do not like the pistons bottom line
I'll tell you something right now. Don't believe everything some dumbass Ford tech tells you. Also, might want to see a few of the people on this site who've been spraying 125-150 shots on the hyper pistons for the 5.0. Members with blowers, and pretty decent N/A setups too. As far as the mod motors go, you're talking a totally different animal. That's a discussion best carried out in the Modular Madness forum, which is why the forum is on the site.

People who know what the hell they are talking about are here. But hell, I've only spent 3 years and 5000 posts researching and answering questions about the 5.0. What the hell do I and the other guys who've spent years and thousands of posts answering tech questions on this site know? Nobody is forcing you to learn. You can go right back to talking to some moron Ford tech will all the answers who's buddies buddy once heard of a kid that burned a hyper piston just because the piston was cast. Do hyper pistons fail? Yep. Do forged pistons fail? Yep. Are hyper pistons good on mild N/A combos? Yep.

You're the kinda guy who has no clue about what they are talking about, but presume to be an expert because a Ford tech told you so or some magazine article with a washed up old mechanic said so. I got news for you. I was in the same boat a few years ago when I joined this site. If you're not willing to hear the true facts, swallow your pride, and feel like an idiot a few times, leave. Nobody on this site, including myself is going to bend the truth for you to feel better. People are out there counting on us to give them good advice; in some cases advice which could make or break their total budget. It's a responsibility many of the VERY well informed moderators, senior members, and even junior members take seriously. There has been more BS spewed out like it was general knowledge about the Mustang 5.0 than about any other engine in history.