MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 12:20 AM   #21
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up Once again let's get along

I just read all the entertaining post on this matter,with HORSEMEN RACING and his piston problem,I am not one to quote anyone I like to make you work to look it up but if a Ford tech shows him the bad piston then I would say he is more than a dumbass tach he is a mechanic because he is the one that took the engine apart and pulled the piston.
I said it before and i will say it again having 4000 post makes you no expert,I seen on another post that Jeff Chambers has only 403 post so what does that make him? If Jeff Chambers recommended me to me how to build a Street Warrior combo you can put it in the bank I am going to listen to what he has to say,insults do not impress me,timeslips impress me,you putting post on here for 3 years does not impress me,show me some credentials I am from Missouri"show me" everyone on here is here to learn something,but when some know it all or better description "I think I know it all" says a person should not listen to this person or that person that irritates people no one is here to be insulted,we are just speaking of experiences with problems we have ran into,not insulting anyone's intelligence,now let's have some peace in here.

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Old 06-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #22
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Let me clarify

Ok I am going to try and be as professional as possible with this reply,because I can see there is some personality on here. Okay remember the old saying "if it walks and quacks like a duck and smells like a duck,it is a duck"well when a guy shows me a piston that came out of my car,and says this is what happened this thing let go on you,I am going to let my eyes be the judge,I do not race a dyno,I race a car,I do not race a flowbench,I race a car,for the last 2 years 2000,and 2001 I have competed in my home state at the FFW Ennis World Finals,got beat both years 1st round because of breaking out,point being,I am no new guy to Mustangs,I have owned several,I have broke parts on several,if you ain't breaking something you are not trying hard enough or you ain't racing.
Now for a few replies first off Stroked408 there will never be peace in a automotive chat or forum there will always be difference of opinions,give that up about the peace,second of all just because I am new here does not mean I do not know anything about 5.0 Mustangs once again I repeat I am not new to 5.0 Mustangs.
As always you have people that are fans of certain parts,and fans of certain speed shops,if you got good quality work from them I am sure you are going to be a fan of their work,yes speed shops push a product like no other,especially if that part is helping foot the bill on their establishment.
In closing talking about stuff I knew about 9 years ago as far as hp ratings I knew that the first time I seen a 93 GT/LX go down the strip,no one had to tell me that or relay,or read it in a publication.
Like I said I am easy to get along with but don't push my buttons,I will be in Ennis again this year,I race a car.not a chat board

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
Old 06-13-2002, 04:38 PM   #23
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

AHHHHHH I JUST CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

DID ANY OF YOU EVER GOTO A DAMN ENGLISH CLASS?

TYPE A COHERENT COMPLETE SENTENCE PLEASE!!!

You are obviously resistant to learning. Looking at the way your 331's run ought to make you realise there is a lot more to learn out there.

If you want real, good advice that isnt BS, ask me, or Unit, or a bunch of other people in here that know. Otherwise quit giving the other impressionable members bad info.

BTW, no one is arguing that the piston is or was bad.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.

Last edited by Skyman; 06-13-2002 at 05:50 PM..
Old 06-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #24
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Default Coherent sentences

let me quote you Sky
"Your obviously" isn't that suppose to be either you're or you are?
second quote
"looking at the way your 331's run you "OUT" to "realise" I am no spelling bee champ but should that be you "ought" and realise in this country we spell it "realize" .
Like I said I am easy to get along with and I listen to what people have to say but do not push my buttons.
I think I just proved who needs the english class.I am the one that can't take it any more.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
Old 06-13-2002, 05:52 PM   #25
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

I sure do look like a hippocrit idiot dont I. Ugh.

I just want to help you guys out, and not argue godamnit.

Also, cant you just type things more clearly?

Sorry to be so harsh, I appologize.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:56 PM   #26
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up no problem brother

LOL I am sorry to man,you are right,why can't we all just get along gosh dang it.

Hey I do need some help though seriously send an e-mail to stang5litre@aol.com

Old 06-13-2002, 06:57 PM   #27
Unit 5302
Registered Member

LOL. Some guy's piston burned so hyper pistons are junk. You jokers crack me up. Jeff Chamber's is currently the world record holder in trap speed for Trophy Stock. Or at least he was as of a few weeks ago. I certainly respect what Jeff has to say, but you're talking a WORLD of difference between Jeff's near 10 second ride, and a 13sec street car. Are you guys completely nuts? Do you think I don't know who Jeff is? Maybe one of you brainiacs with all the "this guy told me this one time" answers can tell me what Jeff's compression ratio is or about how much power he's making? I'll give you an idea. He's making more power with his current combo than just about any pump gas EFI 5.0 street combo makes. You're talking in the neighborhood of 350rwhp.

Nowhere is anybody going to recommend hyper pistons for a 350rwhp 12-13:1 CR car. That isn't a mild combo guys. Get with the program. I'm beginning to think you're both Troll's because your comments are so ridiculous and stubborn it just defies my belief you're being serious.

Listen, when you figure out which end you crap out of, pull your head out. You could always just leave the site, too. If you're unwilling to learn, and you want to keep posting BS, I'll thank you to go. I have to work hard enough trying to help people without cleaning up after a bunch of misinformation.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:06 PM   #28
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up lol speaking of misinformation

Trophy Stock does not even exist anymore,you get with it brainiac,shows what the heck you follow,and what you know.
I think the class is called Street Warrior now,let me clarify that,it is called Street Warrior now,Trohpy Stock is what is was called last year,and Jeff is on a roll this year,but I am still surprised he went carb'ed instead of staying with fuel injection but that is another post just waiting to happen,I can see it now"High Power Fuel Injection vs High Power Carb" god I hope that day does not come

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Old 06-13-2002, 07:51 PM   #29
91GTturbo
Registered Member

I'll add my .02 cents for what it's worth.

True hyperutectic pistons are not as strong as forged pistons, but they will hold up better than most people think. The key is in the TUNE. Horesman, just because you had one bad piston, does not make them all bad. Bad parts roll out of manufacturing facilities and businesses all day, it happens and we all know that. I think you just got a bad piston from the factory.

Hyperutectic pistons don't like detonation, not at all. On any higher hp application with detonation and those pistons, it can only mean one thing, trouble. I have a friend with a stock bottom end 93' with a single turbo, heads, and intake, better fuel system, and a good tune. The car made 411 rwhp and over 500 ft/lbs of torque. Currently he's upgrading again and going looking to run around 500 rwhp, all on the stock hyperutectic pistons. How long will it stay together, who knows, but it's been running the 400 for over 3 years.

As far as the Ford Techs/Mechanics go, well I had a 99 GT in for some work. When I went to pick it up I asked to talk to the guy and we were discussing some problems I was begining to have with the clutch. They had my car for two days, with this guy doing all the work, when I said something about maybe something in the clutch cable stretching, his reply was "A mustang has a hydraulic clutch, so there is no cable to stretch". I argued with him for a few minutes and finally told him to go out and check my car and then come back and tell me. After about 5 mins he came back and still couldn't tell me one way or the other. The point of the story is, most (not all) Ford techs/mechanics are good for changing oil, not tearing down motors.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:56 PM   #30
Stroked408
Registered Member

Thumbs up very good point

good point 91GT,
Horsemen remember you have a mass produced car,and there are probably a lot of factory tolerances that are way off,wish you well with the new engine you lucky you know what.

They just replaced the bad piston in mine

Launch Harder

Go Faster
Old 06-13-2002, 08:01 PM   #31
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation End of discussion

The original thread question was about putting aftermarket heads on a high mileage block, which, hopefully, was answered many posts ago.

Then we got into the forged vs hypereutectic piston discussion and finally devolved into a debate over who is more knowledgable about what with a few grammer and spelling complaints thrown in, just for variety, I guess.

Tech debate is fine, even useful at times but since no can 'prove' much of anything on a messageboard, once it gets into shouting and name calling, it's over.

As this thread is no longer really tech - much less informative or even mildly interesting - it is being mercifully closed.
Closed Thread