View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
ziggy_2k
Registered Member

I installed it all:
Pioneer 3000 sereies cd player with dual pre-amp outputs
PPI speakers all around
the 3.5 off the head unit
the 6.5 and 5x7 off a Power Accoustic amp 4 channel 600 watts peak 300 rms (just a little too much power)
I'm running a MTX 8104A 10 inch sub(don't buy one I blew it way to quick cause of the small truck box I use) powered by another Power Accoustic amp 2 channels 200 rms 400 peak. I'm thinking JL audio W-3?
For anyone doing a system in a drop top stang it is a *****.. I ran the RCA's down the Passanger side of the stang and the Power down the drivers side. I didn't pull my back seat out to run the wires to the truck. Rather I ran them in the intereior pannel that the rear speakers are in not that hard to do just unscrew all the screws and pull it all throudh. Now for the really complicated part I ran all the wires into the smallest space possible. A small gap between the seat pannel on the side and the convertible pannel. It took me a good half hour to run everything. Then I just ran it under the vinyl boot and through the 2 pieces of carpeting in the trunk. (What a *****) Oh and then I ran wires to the 5x7s and 6.5s the same way. Don't attempt this unless you have a good 8 hours to blow one day. I had a semi profesinal installer helping me do all this. If I were to do it all again I would run conpnets and put the tweeters on a custom fabricated mount in the dash where the 3.5s go!
As for the sub and the amps I put the amps under the roof where there is a gap for the glass from the top I belive. I have never removed the glass and the space is way too small for anything but books and bottes of alcohol anyways. So we built a cutom amp rack and it looks clean. In extreme emergencies i disconnect everything and get to my spare if I absolutely must. The tuck box slips right in and can be removed when i need some space in my joke of a truck That is why there is a luggage rack anyways right?
If anyone has any questions drop me an email. I'm not an expert but I'm on my 3 rd stang and I might be able to help!
ziggy_2k is offline   Reply With Quote