MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-18-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
Strim91GT
Registered Member

Question Car Chemistry inserts

Has anyone had any experience with car chemistry exhaust inserts in a full exhaust system? I'm trying to come up with some ways to quiet my car down. I'm running mac 351 swap full length headers, 3" pro chamber and 3" cat back with flowpath mufflers, on a 393 with a vortech s trim. Will i lose a bunch of horsepower by using the inserts in a full exhaust system? it sounds as if they are supposed to take the place of the mufflers, but i want to run them with the mufflers to see if i can get the car quieter.
vortech s trim,edelbrock 6032's, b303, cobra intake, 70mm tb, pro m 75mm bullet, granatelli alum. rad., accel 330+ digital ign., msd boost tim. ret., 30# inj., 190 lph fuel pump, t-rex pump, bbk, press. reg., tremec tko, ram billet flywheel, dual friction clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum quadrant, motorsport alum. driveshaft, hooker headers, off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, subframes, megabyte jr lowers, heavy duty uppers, eibach springs drag springs, koni sport shocks, polished cobra r's, 85-86 taillights, msd pro billet distributor
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
PatrickMx
Registered Member

I run the inserts, and 36" straight tube 2.5 swirl glass pack type mufflers. I have NO drone anywhere, and is very quiet. I had 3 chamber Flo's. Terrible drone. I would recommend only using the 25" tubes. The tubes are in no way related to Car Chemistry. I just found a muffler shop that mounts them. Make sure they have the swirl design. I lost no power. My ET's are actually consistent, and if anything a little more, but only testing on a vericom, and g-tech. My EEC tuner datalog tells me I am a little leaner now, so I know I am flowing more. But havent corrected the A/F mixture to compensate. So I know there is more power there. I mounted the inserts before the tubes. My exhaust is completely straight through. No mufflers. I run an X-pipe. I wouldnt try this with an H-pipe. My other car was a tad louder with the H, but now has an x-too.
PatrickMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 12:04 AM   #3
Strim91GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Great, thanks for the information. Are you running the 2 chamber or 3 chamber inserts? I'm glad to hear there is no drone. I had flowmaster 2 chambers before on my blown 302 and the drone, I personally, thought was terrible. thanks for the reply.
vortech s trim,edelbrock 6032's, b303, cobra intake, 70mm tb, pro m 75mm bullet, granatelli alum. rad., accel 330+ digital ign., msd boost tim. ret., 30# inj., 190 lph fuel pump, t-rex pump, bbk, press. reg., tremec tko, ram billet flywheel, dual friction clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum quadrant, motorsport alum. driveshaft, hooker headers, off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, subframes, megabyte jr lowers, heavy duty uppers, eibach springs drag springs, koni sport shocks, polished cobra r's, 85-86 taillights, msd pro billet distributor
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:50 AM   #4
PatrickMx
Registered Member

You're welcome. I run the 3 disk inserts. I cut the X-pipe just after the x long enough to get the inserts in, and proper angle to start the flow tubes so they would go straight down the tunnel. I then had the shop take my connections and move them further back so I could still remove the x-pipe for service later.

The car runs 8.30's 1/8th mile at about 83-84mph on true radials. Stock block and cam, but with 351heads and Cobra intake. 1.7 rockers. You will loose that famous flowmaster note, and idle sound. But good riddance to the drone too.
PatrickMx is offline   Reply With Quote