MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-01-2001, 11:59 PM   #1
Chris_H
Registered Member

Angry Hood won't stay latched shut....

Ok I was heading to the store today and noticed my hood was vibrating pretty bad. I pulled over and the hood was unlatched, so I tried to latch it shut. No such luck. It won't latch no matter what I do. I so drove it home slowly and tried to fix it here. No luck. Even busted off a bolt in the process so I have to fix that now too. Anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it? It looks like the underside of the hood is torn up a little from where something is hitting it. I know thats not a good description, but I don't know how else to describe it. I need to get this fixed ASAP because I drive it to work everyday, except tonight like I should have 2 hours ago Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 01:15 AM   #2
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

I'm not sure how to help besides to tell you to adjust the hood, and keep playing with it until you get it. I had a 87GT that had a hood loose hood and the damn thing flew up into my face and cracked my cowl panel completely ruining the hood. It wasn't fun. till this day I'm surprised it didn't even touch my winshield. Good luck

------------------
Almost done!
93 GT, Dynamic C4, 8 pt cage, chute,
Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's
'69 393 stroker w/SRP pistons, Edlebrock Performer heads, Performer RPM Upper & Lower Manifold..Crane Gold 1.6 Rollers Comp Cam..BBK 70MM TB, ceraminc shorties & H-pipe w/cats..30lb Injectors..Cartech Fuel System
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 07:33 AM   #3
82 GT
Import Slayer

Try a new hood latch from the junkyard. I had a hatch that wouldn't latch and replaced it and it was fine.
It sounds like your latch is either stuck open or closed.

------------------
'82 GT 351W C-4,BBK headers,Carter 625 carb,Comp.Cam,Flowmaster exhaust.
1988 GT...T-5,bone stock
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2001, 02:11 PM   #4
Chris_H
Registered Member

Wink

Well it appears that I have fixed it. I went to the junkyard and they actually had 2 mustangs there. They NEVER have any in there. So I took the lower latch receiver and put it on my car. Seems to have fixed it. I popped the hood a few times and closed it a few times to make sure. Guess we will find out for sure tonight when I go to work. Thanks for the replys guys.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote