MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
green94droptop
Registered Member

Thumbs down car sags more to one side than the other after spring install

A couple of weeks ago I installed Granetelli Motorsports progressive rate springs on my 94 gt conv. Everything went good; used new springs isolators on all four corners, too. Now, I'm noticing that my car is sitting a little lower on the left rear side as compared to the right rear side.

Am I crazy or something? Has anybody ever experienced this?

Thanks again guys.

------------------
Green '94 GT conv -- K&N filter charger, FMS 9mm wires, Accel hipo cap/rotor, 180* thermo, 14* timing, MAC fenderwell coldair kit, PRO 5.0, off road H-pipe in front of 2 chamber flow's, Steeda subframe connectors w/ crossbrace, Granetelli Motorsports lowering springs, Mac C/C (yuck), stock, stock, stock, yeah and that's stock too.

[quote]"The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin' F-Bodies."<HR>
green94droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 10:42 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Lightbulb

make sure that the front springs are seated fully in the seats in the lower control arms, then for the rear, there should be a twist in the coil where it turns in toward the inner part of the spring, this part of the spring has to be pointed in toward the center of the car, this is how mine were when it was stock, but for some reason a lot of mustangs sit a little higher on one side than the other, usually the right side is higher, i dont have a clue to why this is though

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--&gt; 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Make sure that the end of the springs are all facing the same way or that will cause a difference in ride height.

The end of the spring at the bottom you have to make sure that they are facing the same way on both sides.

Hope this helps..

[This message has been edited by 5.0 HO (edited 08-22-2001).]
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 12:44 AM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

If you are sure that the springs are installed the right way and it still sags a little Global west sells spacers that go between the control arm and the spring to cure the problem.

------------------
NA 347 W/ stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system.
MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 07:59 AM   #5
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 HO:
Make sure that the end of the springs are all facing the same way or that will cause a difference in ride height.

The end of the spring at the bottom you have to make sure that they are facing the same way on both sides.

Hope this helps..
Yep, he's right. Check that first a buddy of mine had his installed at a shop and they did them wrong, we had to pull it apart and fix them.

------------------
Check Out My Site 91GT,Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60" port matched to a 1262,Anderson N-61,24#,76mm C&L,Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes,2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe,2 1/2" cat back, No A/C or PS or emissions, 12" K&N Filter,RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air,Ron Davis Radiator,Full Suspension, SPEC stage III clutch, Lakewood SFI bell, S&W 8pt "X" brace,JAZ seats,3:73's,Welds..etc,4:30's and 31 splines coming very soon! <B
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:17 AM   #6
green94droptop
Registered Member

Thanks guys. So check on all 4 corners and make sure they are all facing like the 6 o clock position?

Thanks

------------------
Green '94 GT conv -- FMS 9mm wires, Accel hipo cap/rotor, MSD Blaster TFI coil, 14* timing, 180* thermo, MAC fenderwell coldair kit, PRO 5.0, off road H-pipe in front of 2 chamber flow's, Steeda subframe connectors w/ crossbrace, Granetelli Motorsports lowering springs, Mac C/C (yuck), stock, stock, stock, yeah and that's stock too.

[quote]"The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin' F-Bodies."
green94droptop is offline   Reply With Quote