MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
green94droptop
Registered Member

Post car sags more to one side than the other after spring install

A couple of weeks ago I installed Granetelli Motorsports progressive rate springs on my 94 gt conv. Everything went good; used new springs isolators on all four corners, too. Now, I'm noticing that my car is sitting a little lower on the left rear side as compared to the right rear side.

Am I crazy or something? Has anybody ever experienced this?

Thanks again guys.

------------------
Green '94 GT conv. -- K&N filter charger, FMS 9mm wires, Accel hipo cap/rotor, 180* thermo, 14* timing, MAC fenderwell coldair kit, PRO 5.0, off road H-pipe in front of 2 chamber flow's, Steeda subframe connectors w/ crossbrace, Granetelli Motorsports lowering springs, Mac C/C (yuck), stock, stock, stock, yeah and that's stock too.

Quote:
"The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin' F-Bodies."
[This message has been edited by green94droptop (edited 08-21-2001).]
green94droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:57 PM   #2
Z28EATR
Registered Member

the lower ends of the rear springs have to be installed the same on both sides or that will cause them to be uneven. If they were even make sure they are still even, they might have turned while tightened the lower control arms back up.
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:48 PM   #3
stangit
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by green94droptop:
A couple of weeks ago I installed Granetelli Motorsports progressive rate springs on my 94 gt conv. Everything went good; used new springs isolators on all four corners, too. Now, I'm noticing that my car is sitting a little lower on the left rear side as compared to the right rear side.

Am I crazy or something? Has anybody ever experienced this?

Thanks again guys.

My car sags in the rear also. The only thing I'd noticed was that the rear springs were in differently. One spring has the end at the bottom of the spring pointing towards the front and the other was pointed towards the rear. The spring with the end pointing towards the rear is the correct position, I believe. I remember reading it somewhere. My car has as much as 3/4" of tilt. I can feel it going over pumps...

If this is your problem please let me know as I will be trying to fix mine this winter when I put rear brakes on it. I was going to either buy or rent a spring compressor to fix it while the spings were in the vehicle. The rear jacked off the ground of course.

Not sure about the correct position for the fronts. I'll know more next winter.

P.S. Someone tried to sell me spring spacers to fix it.... jerks. I won't mention who.

See Yaa
stangit is offline   Reply With Quote