MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Talking Cobra Bumper/Exhaust

I know I asked this before, and 83MustangGT said he thought it would work, but does anyone know for sure that the 93 cobra came with LX exhaust?

I've seen one system (Flowmaster) that says LX/Cobra on it. Since I can't find a 93 cobra for cheap I'm going with the bumper.

I had an 86 GT for 5 years, and I miss seeing the exhaust on my 89 GT... plus I'm sick of looking like everyone else. Just oredered Powder Coated Black 17" x 9" cobra r's and a Harwood 3" cowl hood, a new front GT bumper... this Bumper would be a great addition!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: Cobra Bumper/Exhaust

PS. I just found a 93 Cobra for $11,000 in North Alabama. I figure someone will be interested since I can't afford it!
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...dist=63#vdptop

Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: Cobra Bumper/Exhaust

FYI! Okay, I'm a dummy answering my own question, but just in case anyone else needs to know- I had to do some digging for this one...

It seems the 93 Cobra exhaust is bent so that it comes out lower to avoid messing up the bumper/paint. You can fix this by using longer rubber hangers/extending exhaust hanger/ or bending the exhaust.

I chose to buy MAC tail pipes. They come with a "ball and socket" joint and can be adjusted... I'm hoping this works! I'll let you know how it goes if anyone else wants to try this. Peace!!!