MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-30-2002, 01:01 PM   #1
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default You wont believe this!

As Im driving home from work today, I get behind a Honda. It wasnt totally riced out or anything, actually didnt look that bad. Im not sure what model it was, I know it wasnt a civic, maybe a Prelude?

It looked like it was lowered, and maybe had some aftermarket wheels. No stickers, wings, fart pipes or any of that crap.

So I pull up next to this guy at the light. Im in the left turn lane, and hes going straight. I glance over at him, and he is shaking his head while looking towards my stang, as if to say "what a piece of junk" or something like that. I couldnt believe the disrespect from this fool! I was shocked! Hey, I dont care if you dont like mustangs, but to "laugh" at the mighty fox body 5 liter while sitting in your honda doesnt make sense to me. I never had someone driving a riced out car do this to me, yet this guy had a major attitude.

Never one to hold back, I look over at his car and do the same thing, skake my head while laughing under my breath. At this point, he was looking straight ahead and didnt see me, but his passenger was looking right at me, and I made it obvious what I was doing.

So, I start to look straight ahead again, ignoring this fool. So I guess the passenger tells him what I did, because when I look back over again, he is sticking his arm out the window, with a big "thumbs down" and staring right at me. So I turn down the radio, turn off the A/C, open the window and say "whats up".

He looks at my car and says "that is ugly as hell".

Just then the light changes, and as I pull away, effortlessly spinning the tires (and I have an AOD) just to demonstrate to this moron what horespower was all about, I said "Get a clue, man", as I was laughing loudly at him.

Now my car is very conservative. All black with tinted windows and chrome wheels. Nothing spectacular, but a good looking car in most peoples opinion. Even if this guy hates mustangs, where does he get off with his arrogant attitude when hes driving a 10 year old lowered honda accord looking thing?

Some people just dont get it I guess.
RHC member #142

Last edited by Mach 1; 08-30-2002 at 01:46 PM..
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
foxbodied
Registered Member

Wow your car is ugly......haha j/k i love it. You did the right thing i bet he knew what your car was all about and was just showing off to his passenger.
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Between the media, teenagers, and the "in" crowd....

The folks who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when it comes to cars are totally convinced about the supremacy of Hondas, and imports in general.

I just laugh as I pull on them in second while still peeling out....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:48 PM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

I just laugh as I pull on them in second while still peeling out....
Amen to that brother....
RHC member #142
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #5
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

That's a pretty good story dude.

These kids for the most part don't respect anything domestic, and to them a nice car has to LOOK like a race car. Not perform like one. Don't underestimate that guy. His car may not have been riced yet, but in a couple weeks you'll see hints of a paint job under all the stickers, and neon lights galore. Top all that power off with a big wing to hold the rear wheels to the ground, then you better LOOK OUT!!! LOL.

And you're right. These kids of today just don't get it. If they drove a Mustang one time they'd feel the same way we do.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #6
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default I may not be a teen but close enough

I'm 21. Ever since I was 10, I wanted a 1969 mach one. When I got into my teens, I rode for the first time in my friends 1989 5.0. That ride confirmed my need for an american car. Ever since, I realized what American power is and have yet to even think about a rice burner. All of my friends are also into american cars, so I just wanted to let everyone know, that there are a few young people who know what's up. There is still hope for young people!

Mach 1- It's too bad you didn't have that cool sticker on your stang "Blow them haters off" He would have loved it then -Keith

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:56 PM   #7
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: I may not be a teen but close enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamaro Killer

Mach 1- It's too bad you didn't have that cool sticker on your stang "Blow them haters off" He would have loved it then -Keith
Lol...yeah...Im not sure what that sticker means though. Is it refering to mustang haters?

I guess what pissed me off the most wasnt what or what not this kid was even driving, just his attitude toward me and my car, and his need to express it rudely. I would really have enjoyed kicking the crap out of him. Maybe he would learn a lesson. He needs to pull his head out of his @$$, thats for certain.

If we were in a parking lot instead of driving down the street, I would probably be in jail for assault right now..

Maybe it sounds like Im overreacting, but if you were there, you would understand. This kid just had "please kick my butt, im a moron and Im asking for it" written all over his face.
RHC member #142
Old 08-30-2002, 04:14 PM   #8
foxbodied
Registered Member

Default Re: I may not be a teen but close enough

Quote:
so I just wanted to let everyone know, that there are a few young people who know what's up. There is still hope for young people!

Hes right.......im one of em
Old 08-30-2002, 05:34 PM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: I may not be a teen but close enough

Quote:
Originally posted by foxbodied
Hes right.......im one of em
Can you young guys explain whats going through the heads of these other young people? I really am at a loss to understand their behavior and love of the Honda automobile.
RHC member #142
Old 08-30-2002, 05:45 PM   #10
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: I may not be a teen but close enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Can you young guys explain whats going through the heads of these other young people? I really am at a loss to understand their behavior and love of the Honda automobile.
I'm not that young anymore but I think I can explain what's happening. There is a guy in my office who drives a CL (not CL-s) and thinks he can destroy my 'pink Mustang'. The car happens to be Lazer Red, btw.

There is something that happens to these shmucks who have never changed a tire, and think that anything domestic is a piece of junk. Kids these days grew up in the heyday of Japanese reliability (early 90's) and don't understand what performance really is all about.

For some reason being able to drive for 300k miles without changing anything is a major selling point to our youth. Too bad they don't realize that bump stops are not everyday shocks. The cars they 'modify' will not hold up as well as our "Piece of crap Fords."

I guess when you grow up in a world that you are not allowed play dodge ball for fear of becoming anti-socail, and there are no spelling bee's because that makes kids feel like losers, you end up with people thinking that all cars a created equal. Or at least some kind of skewed reality.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 05:51 PM   #11
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Exclamation I have NO idea what's going through their head

I don't understand why they would get a body kit, rims, tires, gauges, just to leave their engine stock. Then they give people with a real muscle car dirty looks, I just don't understand.

I don't understand their attitude, because I've gotten that attitude before too! I just rev my engine, see if they've got any balls, then smoke em. I live near one of the worst cities for rice burners, Westminster, CA. There is acually a city called Little Siagon adjacent to Westminister, you can only imagine the number of rice burners there.

To make it worse, all the guys my age, think they have to be part of this fad too, so that's a majority of the cars you see driven by young guys here. I can't explain it any better than anyone else, I'll never understand it myself. Keith.

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:21 PM   #12
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: I have NO idea what's going through their head

Quote:
I don't understand why they would get a body kit, rims, tires, gauges, just to leave their engine stock. Then they give people with a real muscle car dirty looks, I just don't understand.

EXACTLY! Hey, if you want to modify your body, rims, tires, etc...thats your business, but why the dirty looks to people with real muscle? I guess muscle doesnt count to them. This is the only explanation. So if muscle doesnt count, why put a fart pipe on your car to sound like you are racing?

I guess I will never understand.
RHC member #142
Old 08-30-2002, 06:59 PM   #13
foxbodied
Registered Member

Like many have mentioned before. Its the "in" thing to do these days. These kids are into what looks good no what moves. They do it to be cool and give dirty looks because they tyhink there cool. Thats it. Its nothing complex because really....what rice burner is?
Old 08-30-2002, 08:17 PM   #14
87t_top
Registered Member

Default jealous

He is just jealous that your car is alot nicer and can smoke his with no problem..
87t_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:14 PM   #15
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by foxbodied
Like many have mentioned before. Its the "in" thing to do these days.
Yeah, that must be it. I can remember how strong a force peer pressure was when I was that young, but c-mon, dont these people have ANY common sense?

If you do the in thing because you want to be "in", why dis on a real american classic when you are an american yourself? Complete ignorance
RHC member #142
Old 08-31-2002, 12:12 AM   #16
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Angry All my friends drive ricers..

I'm 18 and senior in highschool...all my friends drive Rice mobiles around school revin' up their *** blastin' fart machines. I think the main thing about young people (guys that is) drive those things are mainly to have something that's easy to make it "look" fast so that they can get the girls. I'm sure someone is probably laughing at this reply by now but i'm totally serious. I even asked my buddy who drives a honda accord that's riced out (fart can, wing etc.) why he did that to his car when he has the money to buy a mustang or something american made. He told me it's because it's what his girlfriend likes. And when he revs up people look at him. So maybe this helps you guys understand a little better, but hey don't flame me for havin' friends who drive ricers i tried to convince but they don't listen. Besides i've known 2 of them since we were real little so i'm not going to let our difference in opinion make us hate each other, just hate each other's cars. Oh yeah and the one that drives the Accord, he says that since his car is lighter he can take me at the line but i'll beat him in the 1/4....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:08 AM   #17
Mach 1
Registered Member

So, woman are responsible for this mess...I knew it!
RHC member #142
Old 08-31-2002, 08:29 AM   #18
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
So, woman are responsible for this mess...I knew it!
LOL!!!

I'm not touching that one, Chris. You're on your own.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 09:33 AM   #19
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
LOL!!!

I'm not touching that one, Chris. You're on your own.

Take care,
~Chris
Thanks for your support. Ill remember that..
RHC member #142
Old 08-31-2002, 11:08 AM   #20
lysacat
Registered Member

Watch out Mach 1, There are a lot of us women on this board.

Good move PKRWUD..

C-ya, Melisa