MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-01-2002, 12:37 PM   #1
STBEAR007
Registered Member

Default AOD-T-5 no start & reverse lights no go?

THANK YOU to all those have helped...I was searching more on the net and came accross a web site (which was found in this forum) FOR the answer to these issues.

ONCE AGAIN...THANKS.....

ALL is working perfect !!!!

5.0 1989 LX convertable

To all I have read many of threads but with no actuall deatail on how to do or repair this ....A great many thanks for any help please email...

I had the aod swapped to 5 speed (tremlec) at a shop and all ran great except no reverse lights...they said it would be another like $400 (I think a rip as I am finding out this mustang specialty shop has been lately from many others) to do so I said later when I have the cash.

I just came back to Windsor Canada from Chicago and on the way hit a pylon sent into my lane by someone else and now the car will NOT start. I went to the next exit to check for damage and nothing so proceeded on highway till I was hungry...ate...came out and no start...had to push start it.

There was a four wire harness comming from floor of stang hanging on road and looks like an extension of wire was on the white. There were two (black & white) wires on tranny also off but cut even so obviously not connected.

SO SORRY for the long question is there a way to hook up the backup lights...AND the main one....is one of these wires suppose to be connected to something and possible was ripped out by the pylon...because the starter will not engage(no nosie besides the relay)

I have crossed the starter relay to the positive battery post and starts instantly. only thing left is replace ignition switch (all gauges work and radio etc once in the run position with key) and/or replace the clutch starter swith on clutch pedal....I have checked all wiring already so any help or to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated since this will be the 3rd day without stang now.

Thank You,
Sean

Last edited by STBEAR007; 08-01-2002 at 05:06 PM..
STBEAR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:06 PM   #2
magicmerll
Registered Member

Hopefully this is a simple fix-

It sounds like you've damaged the small wire harness that connects the neutral safety switch to the body harness. This is a simple fix if you can find a dealer that can order the correct piece.

Your car doesn't start because it doesn't recognize that the transmission is safely in neutral (or that the clutch is depressed).
Old 08-01-2002, 02:08 PM   #3
magicmerll
Registered Member

And by the way, that is the same exact switch that controls the back-up lights!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 04:40 AM   #4
PKRWUD

There should be a 4 wire harness from the car that has a white/pink wire, a red/lt blue wire, a black/pink wire, and a pink/orange wire. To override the neutral start switch, jump the white/pink and red/lt blue wires. For back up lights, wire a switch to the other two wires, and you now have control of the back up lights.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote