View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #15
PKRWUD

Default Re: Carb has too much idle hole drilled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypete
I'll go in tonight and pull the carb and threadloc the stripped bolts' tap. It still has threads in it, but you can see the stud rise as the bolt is tightened so they dont hold much. The thread-loc had worked before to hold it down and allow pretty good tighening to take place but I pulled/replaced the carb so much in the last 2 weeks that it came loose again.
Dude. What you need to do is fix it right the first time. Either drill it out and put in a heli-coil, or get an oversized stud. Heli-coil would be my choice.

Quote:
Quick question for tonight's tuning session: Can a 4 corner idle carb be run like a 2 corner idle carb (put the 2 rear screws in and adjust from the front).
Sure. 4 corner idle is just for fine-tuning engines with a lot of cam. After you get it set with the front, you can back out the back ones in small increments until the vacuum gauge stops rising, and then turn them in 1/8th of a turn. Then reset the idle speed.

Quote:
I found an old post with the intake trick. 3-7 psi vacuum while cranking with throttle blades shut. Will do.
Make sure you block off every vacuum line going to the intake.
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote