Thread: carb rebuild
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2001, 12:19 AM   #7
pro88
Registered Member

Cool

Now which carb. did you use on your last reply? It sounds like you may need a couple of sizes + or - 2. What is your jetting on your primaries? When you get wide open on your throttle it sounds like your jetting on your secondaries are way too excessive. What's your jetting there? Are you getting black exhaust when you hammer it? Check your float levels, the one in the rear sounds like it's way too high. How's your float level up front. By the way, what ignition system are you using? MSD or stock electronic. What is your timing set at? Total advance that is. It really sounds like your problems with your motor can be solved with a little tuning here and there. I use an MSD 6AL, Blaster 2 coil and stock Ford distributor with MSD cap and rotor set. My plug gap is .045 and my timing is at 39 degrees total advance. My distributor is recurved--basically so is at total advance by 3000 rpm. Again check the carb. on the areas I mentioned and let's see if we can't get ya running right. Good Luck!! Let me know what's happening with it. Try to give me as much carb./motor info as possible.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote