MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
King Big Ben
Registered Member

Default what size spacer will fit under my '69 hood?

A bit of math in volved with this one. I just rescently got a new speed demon carb for my '69 coupe w/ a 351W. Very nice with a nice boost in power but then my air filter wouldnt fit...so i got a low profile k&n air cleaner. My filter was old anyway and it wouldnt clear the fuel level adjustment skrews on my new carb. Now my air cleaner is touching the cables coming from my distributer which I'm sure isnt bad. Rather than getting a new air cleaner i decided to get a spacer but im not sure what will fit
i used to have a Carter AFB with a ford motorsport air cleaner which is about 8.5" from the top center to where it rests on the carb and 3 spacers under the carb which are about 3/8" altogether. and the K&N is about 7". All that sits on an eldelbrok performer intake manifold. This is probably a bunch of useless info but i figured "what the hell"
i was thinking about a 1" spacer to help clear the air cleaner from the spark plug wires and give a tiny boost in performance (I still don't understand how that works).

-Ben

Oh ya does anyone have any tuning tips for a new carb? Never done this before, but its actually easier than i thought it would be, and I'm still trying to get it perfect between too rich and too lean...and its hard adjusting the idle without a tach
King Big Ben is offline   Reply With Quote