MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2002, 08:02 AM   #1
todd95GT
Registered Member

Default Carbureted 347 questions

Hi all. I just laid out a small fortune for an all forged rotating assembly for my new 347 stroker that is being built soon. I haven't decided on a cam yet, whether it's going to be a custom grind or an off the shelf profile. I do know that I will be running AFR 185's that will be port matched to the intake manifold. Compression will be around 10:1. I'm seriously contemplating yanking the EFI in favor of a carburetor. I already have a Barry Grant Sports Claw 750cfm I saved from my old Chevelle. I have no objections to running a carb, especially since I'm much more familiar with tuning them than I am with EFI. Here's the questions:
1) Does the 1995 EEC-IV control anything other than sensors and such on the motor? I have a stick car and I don't believe the computer has any type of control over it. The speedo is mechanical so I see no problem there. I'm wondering if it is as simple as it seems to go with the carb and just yank the computer altogether. Obviously, I'll have to pick up an aftermarket ignition.
2) Any one running a carbed motor that can make some fuel system suggestions, please go right ahead. I'm thinking I'll HAVE to run an external pump/filter.
...anyone who has run EFI and switched to carburetion and vice versa, please let me know how your overal performance changed. I'm also looking to hear how the EFI to carb swap went for you.
Thanks all!