MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2001, 01:30 AM   #1
Black306
Registered Member

Post Cartech/Aeromotive fuel system owners please read!!!!

What fuel pressure do you guys set your base fuel pressure at?

The reason Im asking is cause I set mine to 42psi which is within spec of Ford's fuel pressure setting (I believe its 38-42psi; can anyone correct me please?). That said, a Cartech/Aeromotive fuel system with a regulator set to Ford's spec should pass California emissions (assuming the only change is the fuel system and it passed before hand). Im thinking about working with Aeromotive to supply a fuel system with a nonadjustable regulator. That way, people can have an aftermarket system that can support high horsepower and still be smog legal (visually, that is).

So basically, Im wondering what is the market for such a fuel system. (I would think its pretty big since Aeromotive has only 5 kits, 4 kits for '83-'95 Mustangs and 1 for LT1 owners.)

For those thinking about how to supply more fuel to the engine without an adjustable regulator, you do it with a chip. It should be done with a chip anyway if you have the engine to necessitate an aftermarket fuel system.

------------------
Derek

http://members.aol.com/black306
or now
www.nextlevelmotorsports.com

"Bottles are for babies...real men get blown."

[This message has been edited by Black306 (edited 06-18-2001).]
Black306 is offline   Reply With Quote