MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #1
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default Cervinis cowl hood

I plan on buying a cervinis lift off cowl hood in the next few weeks. On their site it says that it installs with these "DZUS" fasteners. What are these? The site says that there is no picture available. There are 8 of them. If it were 4, and I was a betting man, I would say they are the pins you use to convert to a lift off hood. I have the stock hood on it now and will convert to lift off. Are these what I need, or do I still have to buy the pins and stuff to convert to lift off?

With drop solid motor mounts, how much do you think it will lower the motor in the car? If I could get it to fit under the cobra r hood, I would get that hood. But, I will probably get the 4" one and not worry about it.

I tried to post a link, but it wouldn't work right. All it would show is the search for part number page.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

Dzus fasteners are the fasterners that you twist off. They are the size of about a dime and have a washer that is rivited onto the hood and are generally flush with the body panel. The hood will usually take 10 dzus fasteners to safley hood it down. They require a plate that you would either weld to the ajacent panel or rivit on. I personnally have them on my car and I am now thinking that I should have just put on the 4 corner pins instead. Its your choice.
Good luck
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the 4 corner pins you are talking about at AutoZone. Are these the ones that everyone is using or do they make a kit to buy?
Old 02-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ieatcamaros
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the 4 corner pins you are talking about at AutoZone. Are these the ones that everyone is using or do they make a kit to buy?
They make a kit. I would go threw Summit or Jegs. I think they have the stainless steel ones there too.
Good luck
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote