MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-25-2001, 09:12 PM   #1
NOSstang89
Registered Member

Question Cervini's doesn't make the hood I want (and I want a good one this time!)

I really want to get the Cobra R / SVO hood or the regular cowl / SVO hood for my '92, but the only companies I've seen that make them are Cincinnatti Composities and Design Concepts. I had the cowl / SVO on my '89 from Cincinnati Composites, but it was more wavy than I want, and the fiberglass soaked up a lot of paint and soaked up a TON of paint, even after I'd had it for a while (the problem disappeared after several coats, but showed up again a few months later). Is there anything I can do other than take my chances?
NOSstang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 12:51 AM   #2
white00GT
Registered Member

NOSstang89:

I don't know what to tell you, but I got my Cobra R w/SVO scoop through Cincinnati Composites. It is one of the best hoods that I have seen come out of there.

It dosen't have any waves, it's a great fit, and it didn't/dosen't soak up any paint. From the looks of my hood I was either just extreamly lucky, or that they have stepped up there quality resently.

Hope this helps you out.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 04:11 AM   #3
NOSstang89
Registered Member

Yes that does help me out. I noticed that their prices have gone up a lot from when I bought my first hood there (almost 3 years ago) so hopefully they've improved quality since then. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2001, 05:44 AM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Angry

Yup I called them and complained for a friend about the same exact hood you have but for an 86, and they said they were redesigning their hoods etc etc. I've always heard grumbling about their quality, and hopefully they have caught on and are truly dedicated to revamping their image. In fact, if that is what they are doing, maybe if you send in documentation of the paint soakage/waves, they will give you a discount on the new hood so you will commend their new products.

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

[This message has been edited by Mustangbelle306 (edited 04-26-2001).]
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 11:29 AM   #5
NOSstang89
Registered Member

Mustangbelle306: When did you call and complain to them? Did they say they were in the process of improving their product or that they had already finished...? Sorry to be so specific, I was just wondering if you remembered that stuff, if not that's fine. I'm still kind of wary of buying a hood from them after the last one I got, but I do really want that style so I may just take my chances. Thanks for the replies!

------------------
'92LX hatch, 302 w/TFS Street Heats, Performer RPM intake, Crane cam .499/.510, Crower 1.6rr, 70mmTB/EGR, Pro-M 75mm Maf, SVO 30lb injectors, BBK underdrive pullies, 190lph intank pump, BBK short headers, MAC 2.5" off road X pipe, FMS King Cobra clutch, 3.73 gears, SVO upper arms, HPM Megabite Jr. lowers, Moser forged axles, lakewood driveshaft loop, air pump removed