MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
90LXhatchback
Registered Member

Post clutch cable

i just broke my clutch last nite so what is a good one to get and how hard is it to replace. and is there any tips on makeing it easier. thanxs

------------------
3:55,2 chamber flows, cobra clutch, pro chamber, k&n filter,Tri Ax shifter, timing
90LXhatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
stangbang
Registered Member

I installed the ford racing quadrant and adjustable cable. I found that taking out the drivers seat made it easier for me to get under the dash to remove the old quadrant and install the new one.I have to go under the car to adjust the clutch but it's no big deal. If you do alot of speed shifting the stock self adjusting quadrant can grab too much cable and cause problems
stangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 10:48 AM   #3
stangsrule
Registered Member

I would suggest the Steeda firewall adjuster kit, it works great and you don't have to get under the car to adjust it.

------------------
92GT all the free stuff and a few bolt-ons, lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, etc.
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 04:01 PM   #4
88GT5.013.02

The steeda fire-wall adjuster is the way to go. I had the Ford motorsport quandrant and adjustable clutch cable, but after a couple of months my clutch cable was partially through the firewall, because the grommet was half eaten by the fire-wall. The fire-wall adjuster is billet aluminum, so nothing to wear out. Clutch pedal feel is much better.

Good luck.

Jason