MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
terrible0ne
Registered Member

Thumbs down clutch cable blues

In june of 2000 I replaced my tranny so I replaced the clutch and cable/q for the bbk adj.unit and sat. night I was driving home and I pushed in the clutch to stop and I heard a pop and when I took off nothing but I heard the pop again as I shift into 2nd and went for 3rd the cable let go and well no clutch well that was fun . Has anyone had this problem with these(bbk or other brands)? I think I am going with the hayes unit this time
terrible0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 07:42 PM   #2
quick89gt
Registered Member

My buddy has the steeda unit...and it is excellent. the fit was great, and it adjusts at the firewall...which is HELLA easy.

p.s. Elgin is where that one chick off road rules was from...Effy...u know her? she's kinda cute. lol

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
Z28EATR
Registered Member

i have the steeds kit as well in my 88, it was doing the same popping, now i linked it to the cable where it attaches to the clutch fork, i got under the car while someone was pushing the clutch in, but before i could fix it the problem kinda just went away, havent heard it in a long time.
Z28EATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:24 PM   #4
Godslayer
Registered Member

I've had a BBK and a Ford Motorsport setup on my car and I've never broken the cable, however the bushing at the firewall split on BOTH inside of a week. I say go Steeda, it seems some of the setups would be better off without a heavy duty clutch if you know what I mean...

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 02:47 PM   #5
terrible0ne
Registered Member

I replaced the bbk unit with the frpp unit and the trans has shifted this nice before thanks for the info I will look into the steeda unit when I go to change this one
thanks
terrible0ne is offline   Reply With Quote