MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
XBAJBUSX
Registered Member

Default clutch make sqeeking noise,clutch pedal wobbles

my clutch is making a sqeeke nose when u put u foot on the clutch the noise goes away and when i drive the clutch pedal wobles like crazy any ideas what that can be,
XBAJBUSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 AM   #2
Dog5ohfun
Registered Member

The problem you are experiencing is your throwout bearing has gone bad and needs to be replaced. It won't hurt anything if you don't fix it right away. I drove with mine that way for so long that when I did fix it I still put my foot on the pedal. When you do change your throwout bearing, Check the input shaft seal as the throwout bearing will wear a groove into the seal shaft. Chances are you may have the stock aluminum input shaft seal and you will want to check on a steel one as they last longer. Hope this is helpful, good luck
Black 1990 LX DSS Racing Super Pro Bullit 331, AFR 185, Anderson B31 Cam, 1.6 DSS rockers, Cobra Intake w/ 2 phenolic spacer, Aluminum DS, 3.73 gears, Tremec 3550, Lakewood SFI Bellhousing, MSD Digital 6+, Spintech Side Exhaust,
Dog5ohfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
crazypete
Registered Member

Default Re: clutch make sqeeking noise,clutch pedal wobbles

On that note, I lost a T-5 because the throwout had wobbled and made the aluminum retainer neck break. It made a really cool whining sound like a turbo or driving in reverse really fast until the input shaft cocked.......with me going 70 on the highway. After sliding sort of sideways to a stop (amazing it didnt flip) and having it towed rear wheels up back home and disassembling it, I had a well stirred up transmission. Amazingly, the flywheel was undamaged.

I'd replace it and throw in a new clutch in the process. Vibration makes things break.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote