MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
cbr900
Registered Member

Default Clutch problem

Hi..just bought my first mustang its a 94gt...I got it from a dealer and they told me it has a new clutch..but the pedal is stiff as hell its hard to get in gear i have to push the pedal hard into the floor to get in gear easily...and its also a problem to get it into reverse without grinding...I tried pulling up on the pedal it helped a little but not enoug...any ideas on what I should do?Thanks
cbr900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: Clutch problem

Adjust the stock quadrant, push the clutch to the floor and let it pop out ( side step it ) it should self adjust. If that doesn't work, get an adjustable cable and you can set it to your likings. As far as the tough pedal, that's the clutch itself, do you know what brand they put in it? Centerforce has some smooth clutches just FYI. Try putting it in 5th, then down to reverse, holding the clutch the enite time ( you don't actually have to engage 5th gear ) the T5's like that for some technical reason that I don't care about. lol Good luck with your new stang and welcome to the boards!!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
cbr900
Registered Member

this site is great i actully get responses I can use...thanks...yeah the 5th to reverse works great im not sure what brand clutch it is the dealer acted like he didnt know anything about the car.If i go buy a new cable what brand do you recamend?Also my anti lock light comes on every now and then and then wont come on for days...And i used to get a beeping sound while i was driving but no lights came on with that and recently it hasnt done it for 2 weeksI never owned a mustang so all this is confusing sorry for the newbie questuins...thanks again
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
USMC302
Registered Member

I recommend the BBK clutch cables they run around $100 and are easy to install but must be adjusted at the tranny. I think steeda sells a cable with a firewall adjuster as well. You might need to bring it to Ford for the anti-lock light, make sure your brake fluid is full too. Let us know if the beeping coems back...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
cbr900
Registered Member

brake fluid is full ..just checked it again..is there any way that i can tell if it has a new adjust cable or if its still the factory one? Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #6
USMC302
Registered Member

Look where the cable connects to the arm on the tranny, does it have threads on it or an adjustable nut on the end? Also look where the cable goes into the firewall under the hood, does it have a firewall adjuster, something you can screw in or out? You most likely have a stock cable.