MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2001, 11:46 AM   #1
blue302
Registered Member

Angry Clutch Problems

I recently installed a King Cobra clutch on my 89 GT, I also replaced the adjustable clutch cable and the Tranny fork that was bent. This is the 3rd clutch that I have replaced on my mustang in the past 3 years since I installed the BBK adjustable clutch quadrant and have moved up to heavy duty clutch's. The problem that I'm experiencing is running out of adjustment on my clutch cable before the clutch ever reaches the end of its life spand. The last two clutches that I had replaced where still in good condition (lots of life left), but my clutch pedal and tranny told me otherwise. My pedal would get hard and my tranny would not engage smoothly, so I would adjust the cable until I had proper engagement (2" off the ground), I would do this routine everytime that I had this problem until I would run out of adjustment on my clutch cable. I think there is something wrong with my tranny, but I'm not sure. Currently the adjustment on my cable is pretty close to towards the end of it's adjustment, when it should have a lot more since the clutch is brand new. So far I had put some spacers in between the fork and the nuts on my cable to provide more adjustment, but I know that this is not normal or correct. What should I do or check first? Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
89GT:Edelbrock intake,BBK Shorty Headers,
BBK 70mm TB,BBK Aluminum Pulleys, Adj. Reg.
Edelbrock Water Pump,Griffin Aluminum Radiator,
SVO Hoses, BBK H-Pipe w/conv.,Flowmasters 2Ch,
SVO 3.73 w/Auburn Diff.,95 Cobra Front brakes and

blue302 is offline   Reply With Quote