MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-05-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
HKstang
Registered Member

Angry Clutch quadrant

OK, so I've been having problems with my factory clutch quadrant. The clutch was grabbing really low when I got the car so I tried adjusting the cable by pulling up on the pedal all the way and pushing it down. This made it even worse so I just reached up underneath the dash and moved the quadrant by hand. This worked for normal driving but after a hard run through the gears, it would be out of adjustment again.
Now its even worse. I just got a Pro 5.0 shifter so I've been shifting my car pretty hard. Now, after ONE hard shift, the clutch goes WAY out of adjustment. It was so bad last night that I couldn't get it into gear. I had to double clutch and match revs and even then, it was hard. Does anyone know what I can do for now until I can afford an adjustable quadrant? Can I fix the little ratchet to the quadrant somehow?

Thanks in advance.
HKstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 04:55 PM   #2
StalkerStang

Cool

You might wnat to consider a new clutch instead of a cable/quadrant kit, i replaced my cable when the car was hard to get into gear and the adjustable quadrant didn't help at all, turns out i had a bad clutch.