View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:43 AM   #1
skiwesser
Registered Member

Default Clutch slipping after 300-500mi of Quadrant and cable swap

Replaced stock Quadrant w/double hook type and firewall adjuster, it engaged pretty high from the floor to start with (the cable was pretty tight w/ FW adj. all the way in and nut on tranny end a couple threads from end of cable, but it had a little play in it). I figured as the cable stretched it would engage closer to floor like it did stock, which I prefer, anyway it would engage about halfway and I got use to it.
Well I had it tuned and I don't think the tuner messed with the rev limiter but Wed. I was smoking a camaro on the interstate and looked down and saw 7000 on the tach in 4th, I had him bad and was getting off the next exit so I drove on normally to work.
On the way home I went to accelerate in 5th and the clutch slipped pretty bad (smelled it) and has done it ever since.
Could overreving have done it, or did a 300 rear wheel car smoke a spec stage 1 clutch in 500mi?
Can I get away with only replacing the disk?
I race it 20% of the time and plan to get it tuned for a 150 shot af gas (already plumed).
sorry so long any help appeciated
SKI
88 GT: subs,pullies, 1 3/4 longtubes, flowmasters, AFR 165's,T,F #1 cam,Thyphoon intake, 24# inj., 73mm C&L,65mmT.B., 190LPH pump, Eagle sir rods, forged pistons in a newly rebuilt 306.

DYNO TUNED TO 300.97 RWHP 337RWTQ
skiwesser is offline   Reply With Quote