MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-27-2001, 11:22 AM   #1
leo
Registered Member

Post Explorer intake install

I finally got my intake setup, this is what I have. A 94 Cobra lower, and a 95-up Explorer upper. Do I need to tap the ACT sensor on the lower intake? Im not sure if it already has one, and if it does will this be a problem? This is my only car so I need to make sure I'm ready for any surprises becuase I won't have a ride to the parts store...

Thanks guys,
Leo

------------------
1990GT 5.0 302, T-5, 3.73's, K&n Air filter, Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust, Hypertech Chip, MSD 6A Ignition, RAM Clutch, Motorsport 3 core, Offroad H-pipe.
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 03:00 PM   #2
Frying Rice
Registered Member

The Cobra lower will work with the Explorer upper no problem. It is not neccasary to drill and tap a hole for the air temp sensor on '94-'95 5.0's. For these years Ford relocated the sensor to the air intake box/tract. You will need to buy an adaptor elbow for the trottle body. Ford Racing and Edelbrock make them. Get the Edelbock part because the Ford doesn't have a provision for the vacuum fitting that is on you'r stock upper. The fitting screws into the plenum on the back of the elbow bend and has to nipples for vacuum lines. I put the Ford elbow on a guys Explorer intake and had to build custom vacuum lines back there becasue of this. So as long as you have the Explorer upper and the Edelbrock throttle body elbow you should be ready for action.
Frying Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 04:10 PM   #3
leo
Registered Member

Ok, you might have misunderstood my question. I have a 1990GT 5.0, I'm putting the 94 cobra lower on it and an explorer upper. Its not possible to use the elbow on my setup. Where do I put the act sensor? the inlet hose? or tap the lower intake?

Thanks,
Leo

------------------
1990GT 5.0 302, T-5, 3.73's, K&n Air filter, Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust, Hypertech Chip, MSD 6A Ignition, RAM Clutch, Motorsport 3 core, Offroad H-pipe.
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 09:41 PM   #4
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

as far as i know, you have to put it on the intake, just look at your stock one and put it about the same place as it, its on the #1 intake runner on the lower intake, i just fisnished this install and everything went pretty well, now that i think of it since you got a cobra lower it may already be tapped for the sensor but maybe not, good luck with it

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, pulleys, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after 1.7RR install

fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote