MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
Wraith
Registered Member

Unhappy Cobra Intake Problems

Hey guys I really need your help here. I recently installed a cobra upper and lower intake for my 95 mustang. Now my car seem to be idling real low. The timing wasnt messed with. When parked my car idles a little below 1000 but when I put it in gear it drops a little. Also sometimes my car just shuts off when I put it in drive. I tried hiring the timing but still the same. I feel I lost alot of power to. My would take off quick off the line but when I had the cobra intake installed it took off sluggish. The car sometimes misses also. This problem only occured when I installed the intakes. Am i missing something. I was under the impression that it was just a stock replacement. Help me guys. Thanks!

David
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I would double check to make sure you don't have a small vacume leak. Gp get a can of brake cleaner and spray it at the meeting areas of your intake... do this while the car is running.... if the idle goes up, the place where you sprayed it is where you have a vacume leak.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Wraith
Registered Member

Ill check that. Some other guy told me this may be the problem also. He said "When you re-installed the distribitor cap, was it top dead center (TDC) with piston #1. It must be alligned properly, or you'll have problems like yours. I wasnt aware of that. Thanks for your help.

David
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote