MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cold Air Induction (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=27313)

TwiLighTBluEGT 08-07-2002 04:01 PM

Cold Air Induction

Will Cold Air Induction on a 91 5.0 add some horses? Which is better, BBK or MAC? I am looking to get the fenderwall mount version from BBK. Just wanted to see what you guys thought first, Thanks.

chris91LX 08-07-2002 04:16 PM

I had the BBK one and sent it back because it didn't fit. I got the Mac one and it fit great. I didn't notice any big difference in HP, but it cleaned up the engine bay real nice. I took it off because I went to the C&L 76mm maf and elbow, and the CAI kit didn't fit the maf and 70mm tb I'm running now.

IMO the Mac fit better and is cheaper.

SCOTTLT79 08-08-2002 02:44 PM

I have the MAC and never had any problems with it. The install was easy and it definitely cleaned up the bay. I have never had any experience with the BBK but I can tell you that the MAC is a good piece of equipment.

ssccoupe91 08-08-2002 03:01 PM

ive got the mac cold air kit too.. and it fit just fine.. i also have a mac shortthrow shifter and its great too.. mac does make some good stuff..

84LX89GT 08-08-2002 04:50 PM

I've heard better things about the MAC. I have a fenderwell BBK and the fit just isn't quite right. Took a lot of effort to get it on and lined up so that it didn't hit the strut tower.

90LxDroptop 08-08-2002 05:03 PM

I have a quick ?. Will the Mac Cold air induction work with the C&L76mm?

Mr 5 0 08-08-2002 06:02 PM

CAI

Cold Air Induction is good for the engine and adds a few HP (my Moroso kit claims an honest 3 - 4 HP gain) but don't expect to feel it in the 'butt-dyno'.

Like using high-quality plug wires or a brass-terminal distributor cap, these things help the engine work at peak efficency and combined, can have a cumulative effect on performance but by themselves, they don't make a big difference in overall performance.

chris91LX 08-09-2002 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 90LxDroptop
I have a quick ?. Will the Mac Cold air induction work with the C&L76mm?
Mine wouldn't. The tube from the maf to the tb was too skinny. I don't know if they make a bigger kit or not.

Niceride1994 08-09-2002 09:48 AM

Ok BBK this one is for you... LOL i have a BBK cold air system... I really like it. The intake went on in less than 30 mins. I think i felt a difference but who really knows. My e/t time shows the difference by some what stock i ran a 15.3 and now with everthing listed below it was 14.9... I really would go with the bbk intake i wanna say they are only $150. Decide and let us know.... I was up at the track yesterday....

Blue GT 5.0 08-10-2002 12:02 AM

Save yourself some money and just get a K&N Panal "drop in" filter. Same performance gain as CAI but way cheaper.

jimberg 08-10-2002 09:41 AM

Blue GT 5.0 is correct. The stock air box IS a cold air intake already. The thing you really want to get rid of is the pipe between the TB and MAF sensor. The C&L intake pipe is real nice but I have some problems with fitting it correctly. Eliminating the EGR spacer will hopefully fix that for me. My intake is positioned a bit higher because of the 351, so that may have something to do with it. I think it goes for $99. Here's a picture from the C&L web site:

http://www.cnlperformance.com/graphics/76installed.jpg

You could also try to fabricate your own tube. Those rubber couplers are a PITA to find, though.

Comatose 08-10-2002 01:00 PM

Save yourself the money and buy the K&N panel filter for the stock airbox. It won't look as good as an aftermarket CAI setup, but the performance gains will be about the same.

Not to mention the fact, for the $100 you save, you can purchase underdrives, or put the money towards an electric fan.......and extra 8-10hp for the same price.

j94stang 05-03-2010 12:45 AM

Re: Cold Air Induction

hello, i have my 94 mustang 5.0 which is complete stock! I wonder which is better to buy cold intake for her? I want to get a throttle body too i want to make sure which one of em fit or match to the cold intake. Please help me! thanks

summerscheifer 12-04-2010 03:54 AM

re: cold air intake kit

anyone know how to remove cold air intake kit into my car.:confused: its annoying me for not knowing that thing. anyone know this? thanks lot guys.;)