MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #1
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Question Combo Question

I'm building a second car that'll be a weekend warrior. Its a 1990 notchback. The engine combo I'm going to run is:

377 Windsor, 185 AFR heads, Trick flow efi intake for 351, and the cam is the tricky part. I'm going to use a 10 pound S trim on the car, (got it used from a friend, complete with FMU and 42lb injectors).

The rest of the car is built (ie caged, full frame connectors, suspension, rear has 3.73s on an 31 spline trac lok and moser axles.). I've got all the supporting stuff too, fuel system, baer brakes, 5-speed Tremec tranny (weakest link?), hays clutch, etc.

I'd like some suggestion as to a cam for this combination. I don't have experience with blower cams, I've only dabbled with nitrous so far, so I've only had those types of cams in mind before.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2001, 11:42 AM   #2
Blown93LX

Usually blower cams favors the exhaust lift. Most of the blower cams I've seen usually have about 0.010" more lift on the exhaust than the intake. Check out www.andersonfordmotorsport.com. He has some killer blower cams. They sound awsome and seem to be pretty friendly on the steet. The best thing to do is to call someone like Lunati or another company that will custom grind you a cam. If you tell them what you have and what you want they can make a cam for you. You'll pay around $250-$300 for it, but it will be worth it.

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 10:34 AM   #3
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Thanks for the info so far. I contact them and got several suggestions for my combo, and it still leaves me with a choice, but I'm better informed.

I do have another question and that is the computer in the car. Does anyone know where I can find tuning software or any setup that'll allow me to hook my laptop upto it and tune it myself? Or burn a chip?
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote