MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2001, 05:57 PM   #1
stevstum
Registered Member

Question Compter Question on my 89

Can you run an AOD'ed computer on a 5spd? I was reading on a message board awhile back and can't remember if this was okay or not. Will it run any different?

Also, I think there is something wrong with my trany or my clutch. It does not release until I push the clutch half way to the floor. And when I am shifting it does not slip into gear very easy so I can not speed shift. Is there something wrong or is this normal. I just had the clutch done about 3 or 4 months ago.

------------------
Steve Stumbaugh

89 LX 5.0 5sp.
Removed air silencer
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs

[This message has been edited by stevstum (edited 04-18-2001).]
stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 08:07 PM   #2
NOS_Notch
Registered Member

your not supposed to.
I used a chip from my buddies car who had a t5...in my old aod car.
When i called ads...they told me they couldn't beleive the car even ran...but it ran fine so............
That's all i know.

------------------
4.10's,long tubes & 75 shot...Goes 12.50's
Check it out at http://www.burnouts.webprovider.com

11's coming soon!!!!
Heads,intake and cam are all here
NOS_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 08:02 AM   #3
Mach 1
Registered Member

yes, you can with no problems, and try adjusting your clutch. sounds like its out of adjustment.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 10:06 AM   #4
stevstum
Registered Member

How do you adjust it? I was told by a trans shop that it is a hydrolic (I think that's how it is spelled)and it can not be adjusted with out an adjustable clutch quadrant.

Sorry, my spelling sucks.
stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 02:40 PM   #5
Matt Elfstrum
Registered Member

Your right about the hydraulic part, But you could check out the slave cylinder and the clutch master cylinder. I have never done this on a mustang before but some cars have a threaded rod that can be adjusted out. Also try bleeding the system you could have air trapped in there, hydraulic clutches are very similar to brakes. If that doesnt work then I would try replacing the slave cylinder.
Matt Elfstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 01:42 AM   #6
91evilstang
Registered Member

Wink

UMMMM not to burst anyones "bubble" but mustang clutches are definatly not hydraulic they are cable operated and to adjust one you move the nut on the end of the cable connected to the clutch fork.(next to the bellhousing drivers side)In your case you would want to loosen the nut causing the cable to relive some tension.Move it a little then check the peadel in the car untill its whear you want it.You can do this your self its simple,you may need to jack the car up to fit under it but thats the hardest part.Good luck.

------------------
91GT Flowmaster 2 chambers,off road H pipe,mac equalength headers,F303 cam,high lift valve springs ,svo 1.6 roller rockers,14*timing,410's,BBK cold air kit,hurst shifter.Ran 13.5@101 with stock headers and air box.
91evilstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 01:50 AM   #7
91evilstang
Registered Member

Red face

oops sorry you want to tighten the cable sorry its late.same operation but be sure no to tighten it too much or your cluch wont fully disengage.SORRY

------------------
91GT Flowmaster 2 chambers,off road H pipe,mac equalength headers,F303 cam,high lift valve springs ,svo 1.6 roller rockers,14*timing,410's,BBK cold air kit,hurst shifter.Ran 13.5@101 with stock headers and air box.
91evilstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 02:58 AM   #8
87horsepower
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stevstum:
Can you run an AOD'ed computer on a 5spd? I was reading on a message board awhile back and can't remember if this was okay or not. Will it run any different?
Yeah you can run it, and you will likely see a little increase in performance too.

87horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote