MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-12-2001, 06:55 PM   #1
stock89
Registered Member

Question Condensation

My headlights are yellow, what a surprise! Anyway, my buddy donated a clear one to me since he got a completely new set. He gave me the passenger side, which mine was filling with water. When I put the newer on my 'Stang, it's now filling with condensation too! It didn't on his car. Why? I also noticed his new ones have vent holes in them. Can I just drill a hole in mine to let air in/out? I'd like to get this solved so I don't get a whole new set and have the same problem. Apologies for bothering everone with the bordom of the systemically inadequate headlight questions. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:04 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Heh, actually it's a common problem. The seal is broken somewhere on the headlight unit. It's allowing moisture to get in.

I have, and I've seen quite a few other people post that have drilled small holes at the bottom of the headlight lens. That really helps the condensation problem, but it's not perfect. At least you won't have water buildup.

Also, on the yellowed headlights, you can use a mild polishing compound on them. That will clean the yellow off and restore the clear look.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote