MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Default Advice on new/used stang convert.

Well im looking into a 94 convertable, 5.0 auto. Car looks brand new and only has 51,000. Engine sounds good, it has flowmaster force 2 system on it but no other mods. It also has a factory undercoating on it. What do you guys think should i go for it or leave it. They want 10,500, ("THEY" are carmax, Dont say it i know all about how crappy they are im trading on POS for this car because they wont give me my money back) Do you guys think this a good deal or should i leave it and find something else? thanks
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
bottlebaby91
Registered Member

I think that is a little pricey, but if you like the car and have the money buy it. Dont worry about what others think, do what you like.
bottlebaby91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Sounds a little on the high side to me too. I just saw a 2001 GT convertible with 24K miles in the paper yesterday for $14K. I paid $10K for my 91' with 39K miles and the turbo kit on it last year. I'm sure I could have bought another mustang and paid for a turbo kit and came out less than what I paid, but the car was in showroom condition, unmolested, and it just seemed worth it too me. But like the other guy said, if it's worth it too you, that's all that matters.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:19 PM   #4
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

i thought the price was alittle high too. You know how Carmax says they go by kelly blue book? well i check KBB out and they list a price of 9,785 which sounds alittle more realistic. otherwise the car is worth it too me since i LOVE mustangs and had one taken from me not long ago. As far as not carring what others say, im one of them saying it "CARMAX SUCKS!" 125 point inspection my butt. I bought a 98 buick regal gs from them and it had oil leaking from the valve covers, trans fluid leaking from the seals, the exhaust was hanging to the ground and the alignment was off. I take it to the carmax service department, 2 weeks later i get the car back with now squeaking breaks and the alignment still off. Take it back again, now the check engine light comes on while theyre test driving, turns out to be the intake gasket. Thats why theryr getting the car back and im being forced to get another from them, I choose the stang. Shouldve gotten the 95 GTS they had. Sorry for the ranting but i had to get it off my chest.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
TwiLighTBluEGT
Registered Member

If its nice and looks good to you, by all means go for it. It sounds a tad bit pricey, but you just got to know to wheel and deal. Since its a used convertible, make sure that the top is in good shape inside and out and that it is still in good working condition. Also, make sure the weather stripping is good. No one wants a car that leaks in the rain!

Engine: FMS 65mm tb/spacer, C&L 73mm maf, MAC cai.

Drivetrain: Built AOD w/ Edge 2800rpm lockup converter, hardened 3-4 inner shaft, Trans-Go shift kit, B&M supercooler, FMS 3.73 gears & aluminum d/s, rebuilt traction lock.

Exhaust: BBK unequal length shorty headers, BBK o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers.

Chassis/suspension/brakes: Kenny Brown supersubs.

The rest is stock.
TwiLighTBluEGT is offline   Reply With Quote