MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #1
OUTPLAYN
Registered Member

Question Converter question???

What ya think of the B&M converters??
OUTPLAYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 03:30 PM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

They are good converters, just get one to work with your application.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:08 AM   #3
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I haven't personally used one but I heard they weren't very good. I have a B&M shift kit and it's a pos, i hate it hardly better than stock... i'd stay away from B&M. PI Stallions supposedly are the best.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 10:31 AM   #4
PKRWUD

It's kinda funny. i haven't used to many B&M products on Fords, but I have installed dozens of them for myself and my customers in GM vehicles, and they've all been great. I'm not sure why their Ford parts seem to fall short, but I say with complete confidence that they do good work.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
juiceman
Registered Member

when you start playing with trannies and converters you get what you pay for. b&m is good if you dont make power. if you plan on driving around and beating on the car or racing and have any kind of power these products wont last long. with parts not easily changed i say get the best you can afford even if you have to save for a while. itll be better in the long run
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 09:36 PM   #6
PKRWUD

I completely agree that you ultimately get what you pay for, but I still am not so fast to criticize B&M. I have seen their parts survive MANY hardass conditions, in true race cars. It just seems the GM parts do better than the Ford. Who knows, maybe the extra lubrication in the GM fluid has something to do with it.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
juiceman
Registered Member

im sorry you feel that way 1bad89 but your ignorance is very apparent. obviously you havent been in racing long enough or had any kind of experience in building race cars. i do. i dont pay people, people pay me. what kind of tranny do you run in your car? oh, and do yourself a favor ,watch your mouth on here and dont be a tough guy over the comp ok.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 04:17 PM   #8
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

B&M converters are good, I've ran them, I've seen many fast guys have these converters for years without any problems. And Jizman, I'm not ignorant, I have experience with B&M and I was just sharing that, so he would not be mislead. FYI-I've been racing for quite a while, and I've built race cars, ex: 696rwhp big block, backed by..... oh my.. what is it...no it couldn't be.....a B&M built TH-400. LOL..... but nah they can't hold up to any kind of power, blah blah, blah. Your kinda like the people that can't install a BBK H-pipe, and gripe about their quality. Which is very high might I add. My advice would be to get one that suites your hp, if your using nitrous, make sure the converter is built for nitrous, some are rated only too 500ft lbs, etc... Good luck with your converter choice.

Last edited by 1BAD89; 06-26-2002 at 04:29 PM..
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote