View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #7
82 GT
Import Slayer

Default Re: 4 corner idle conversion is finished!

I got the carb back on and running. I did notice a cleaner idle and didn't have to set the idle speed screw as high as I had it before.
It was a little tricky, at first, to get all 4 corners set to where it would idle right. It idles perfect now and maybe even sounds a little different than before. I also had him swap my 6.5pv to an 8.5 because of my leaning out problem I think I might have. I took it out for a test drive and I "thought" I could feel it pull harder since the 8.5 opens sooner now.(maybe it's just my imagination)
I WAS going to a T&T day Saturday but they already canceled it and that was the last day before they closed for the season!
Now, I'll have to wait til next year to find out if it did any good or not. I know the idle conversion didn't add any gains but I wanted to know if the new PV did the trick or not.
Since I was idling off the transfer circuit, this was something that needed to be done and was worth the money...$55 plus $15 return shipping.
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote