MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #41
djfoxsr2001
Registered Member

Default Re: cooling problem from hell, part duex!

Sorry to hear about your problems, I just wanted to let you know of a problem i had that was like yours. I once owned a 91 bronco with a windsor in it. I had to replace the short block, afterwards I had all kinds of problems with it over heating. Like you, I placed the gaskets printed side down, per the instructions of a mechanic friend of mine. After a short while I started finding oil in water and water in oil. Another friend helped me tear it back down to locate the problem. It turned out that one of the gaskets was on wrong. I don't remember what brand they were, but they had a label showing one end of the gasket towards the front of the engine.

When installed correctly, one gasket had the print side against the head, and the other had the print side against the intake.

I don't know if this could be your problem, but it may be worth looking into. A simple trip to the parts store and examination of the same type of gasket could answer the question.

By the way, the bronco is still going strong 3 years later with no more problems, wish I still owned it.
djfoxsr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #42
USMC302
Registered Member

Default Re: cooling problem from hell, part duex!

djfox, this post is from 2001, should be able to see the dates of posting the the top left corner of each post...